NHT: As expected Diamond Stone going to the league. | The Boneyard

NHT: As expected Diamond Stone going to the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think he would have helped us more than he helped the Terps. But it's water under the bridge, over the dam and to grandmother's house. What might have been.

Melo Trimble gone as well.

Reaction Score
Stone is hiring an agent, but Trimble isn't gone yet.

Reaction Score
I could honestly care less how much money they make as long as they win with a Husky uni on. Stone's going to need that moola after that chick-a-dee starts going after his wallet.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I could honestly care less how much money they make as long as they win with a Husky uni on. Stone's going to need that moola after that chick-a-dee starts going after his wallet.
Sounds a lot like marriage. I kid Mrs. Fleud. Happy birthday. And I'm really sorry I messed today up for you dear.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I'm still trying to figure out which BYer set up Stone with that chick-a-dee
Some people can be soooooooo spiteful!!!!
August? Tens? Big EM? Fleuds? UC32? 80Husk? Pal? Gtcam??????

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
For those of you that watch a lot of MBB and NBA, is it more accurate than not that big men should stay in college for at least 2 years if not more ? Where do you project Stone being drafted?

Reaction Score
For those of you that watch a lot of MBB and NBA, is it more accurate than not that big men should stay in college for at least 2 years if not more ? Where do you project Stone being drafted?
Anybody who's a lock for the first round - and Stone is - should declare and get that guaranteed money. He'll need a ton of work on recognizing defensive rotations, he'll need to improve his lateral quickness, he'll need to improve at rebounding out of area, and he'll need to work on the fundamentals of boxing out. The same can be said of most young bigs.

He'll probably go somewhere from 15-to-25. If I were to guess I'd say he'll have a Hasheem-esque NBA career in terms of overall impact. But he's very young, and if he ends up with the right coach (Brad Stevens), maybe he'll see the light.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
He's gonna be good. Big, athletic, tough player. Like @Matrim55 said, he'll need to work on defense, but the big time potential is there.

Reaction Score
He's gonna be good. Big, athletic, tough player. Like @Matrim55 said, he'll need to work on defense, but the big time potential is there.
He's not athletic, though. He doesn't get off the floor quickly, which is why he struggles to rebound out-of-area, and his lateral quickness is at the low end of the curve, which is something that NBA teams will absolutely exploit.

Great hands, length & body control, though. Basically a poor man's Jahlil.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I'm still trying to figure out which BYer set up Stone with that chick-a-dee
Some people can be soooooooo spiteful!!!!
August? Tens? Big EM? Fleuds? UC32? 80Husk? Pal? Gtcam??????

gold digging floozies arent my specialty. If Tyler Lydon gets mysteriously caught at a traffic stop with an 1/8th of psilocybin. I may or may not answer questions.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
image.png
@Matrim55 For his size, I disagree. He moves and jumps better than most 6'10 250 pound centers.

With our personnel, it was either Diamond Stone or Shonn Miller for one year (we weren't getting both).

I still say that we did OK there.
I really like Miller, but stone was the better player. And he'll be representing Maryland in the NBA.

Reaction Score
View attachment 13172 @Matrim55 For his size, I disagree. He moves and jumps better than most 6'10 250 pound centers.

I really like Miller, but stone was the better player. And he'll be representing Maryland in the NBA.

The NBA thing is a fair tangential point. But Miller was a better player this year, IMO - they had similar numbers, but Miller had to create more of his own shots and he didn't turn the ball over.

Reaction Score
There is no comparison to be done here, Stone has an NBA body and looks like he belongs. Could end up being a great player as young as he is.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
The system is set up for one and done. A player has to go the moment teams start talking lottery. An off year or injury can cost millions.
It's all about what he is going to be in two/three years.

Reaction Score
I actually saw Diamond Stone when I was connecting at the Baltimore airport this weekend, fully decked out in Maryland gear. I was going to kick him in the shin, but he is, as you might expect, pretty large in person, and I can't run away as fast as I once could. So instead I waited for him to turn his back and planted some meth and fireworks in his carryon bag. Fortunately, I always make sure to have some spare meth and fireworks with me when I travel.

Reaction Score
Fireworks at the airport! TSA not doing the job or Gurleymam is some sneaky cat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom