OT: NHL Playoffs | The Boneyard

OT: NHL Playoffs

Reaction Score
Surprised we don't have a thread.

All 4 number 1 seeds lost in the first round.

The pathway has opened for the Bruins. In the Eastern conference, 3/4 series were won by Vegas underdogs. Only the Bruins prevailed as favorites. They had the most regular season points of any remaining team.

In the West, it was 2 underdog wins, and essentially 2 pick'em series. The Sharks were the only higher seeded team to advance, and they won in OT after coming back from 3 goals down halfway through the 3rd period of game 7 thanks to a major penalty that they scored 4 goals on (Golden Knights then tied it after they pulled their goalie before the Sharks won in OT).

Definitely kind of a random result generator, but really exciting in spite of that.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Bruins have home ice the rest of the way. They did have the second most points in the East anyway I believe. It’s the conference winners who get seeded 1-4, but they were better than everyone but Tampa in the regular season.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score

Was the earlier thread. ....

Reaction Score
I read earlier today it's the first time in the history of the four major professional sports that all division winners lost in the first round.

The two top seeds in each conference won a combined 1 game!

Reaction Score
5 minute major against Vegas was a BS call

Tough because it was a combo hit by 2 players (cross check fairly high then hit on a defenseless player). I think maybe double minor would have been better, at the least considering the blood drawn. The other guy got the major, but I think the Stasny portion of it was more problematic.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom