OT - NFL jealously guards its "all-22" footage | The Boneyard

OT - NFL jealously guards its "all-22" footage

Status
Not open for further replies.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203716204577015903150731054.html

If you ask the league to see the footage that was taken from on high to show the entire field and what all 22 players did on every play, the response will be emphatic. "NO ONE gets that," NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy wrote in an email. This footage, added fellow league spokesman Greg Aiello, "is regarded at this point as proprietary NFL coaching information."

By distributing this footage only to NFL teams, and rationing it out carefully to its TV partners and on its web site, the NFL has created a paradox. The most-watched sport in the U.S. is also arguably the least understood. "I don't think you can get a full understanding without watching the entirety of the game," says former head coach Bill Parcells. The zoomed-in footage on TV broadcasts, he says, only shows a "fragment" of what happens on the field.

Reaction Score
Like to see it?, hell yeah!!
Pay to see it?, I pay for the NFL package now, so maybe.

I would love to watch a game live in all22, in 3D!

Reaction Score
For anyone with NFL Game Rewind, they have All-22 footage for some of the biggest plays now.

I have a feeling it won't be long until you can watch the whole game in All-22 footage.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Like to see it?, hell yeah!!
Pay to see it?, I pay for the NFL package now, so maybe.

I would love to watch a game live in all22, in 3D!

Sort of like watching in stadium?

Reaction Score
Unless you've trained yourself to look at things other than the ball on the field, doesn't really matter much, seeing coach's film, but if you do, for whatever reason, start to pay attention to things other than the ball......then seeing all the pieces on the chessboard at once gets really interesting.

I was talking w/ somebody around here recently about coach's film and making it available to the public. I've thought it should be available to the public for years.

Reaction Score
Unless you've trained yourself to look at things other than the ball on the field, doesn't really matter much, seeing coach's film, but if you do, for whatever reason, start to pay attention to things other than the ball......then seeing all the pieces on the chessboard at once gets really interesting.

I was talking w/ somebody around here recently about coach's film and making it available to the public. I've thought it should be available to the public for years.
Had good seats for a game while stationed in San Diego. Corner of the end zone, front row, second deck. Could watch most pass plays develop very well. Biggest problem live is no rewind button. Limited in what you can view to a few players at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom