NFL Draft and non P-5 schools | The Boneyard

NFL Draft and non P-5 schools

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
So not quite 100 picks.

2 of the first 45 were Non-P5, but kudos to the AAC for having both.

One an Edsall recruit and one that Pasqualoni was in on.

FCS, MWC, MAC and whatever Hobart and William Smith is got involved in the second round.

The Sun Belt arrived with the MVC in the third round plus a little more Colorado State.

My half-assed count has:

AAC 2
Colorado State 2
Sun Belt 2
FCS 2
MAC 1
Hobart and William Smith 1

P5 - 89

Yes I understand that schools like Rutgers, TCU, Utah and Louisville weren't P5 when those players were recruited but those numbers are stark.

7% of the first two days from the G5? Ouch.

*booze may have influenced the count.

Reaction Score
AAC needs to continue to beat that drum of being that 6th power conference via on field results and the draft. Thing is, they don't really offer anything else that the other G5 conferences offer. Is the "exposure" Aresco talks about enough to lure better recruits than the other G5 conferences?

There is no denying that despite recruiting rankings we have sent some impressive athletes to the combine/draft. Is that facilities and program related?

Reaction Score
AAC w/ 11 drafted. (2) UConn, (2) Memphis, (2) Tulane, (2) UCF, (2) USF and (1) ECU

McMurphyESPN 6:37pm via TweetDeck
Draft picks by league/per team: SEC 3.9, ACC 3.4, Pac 12 3.3, Big 12 2.5, B1G 2.4, AAC 1.0, MW 0.8, CUSA 0.5, MAC 0.3, SB 0.3

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
AAC needs to continue to beat that drum of being that 6th power conference via on field results and the draft. Thing is, they don't really offer anything else that the other G5 conferences offer. Is the "exposure" Aresco talks about enough to lure better recruits than the other G5 conferences?

There is no denying that despite recruiting rankings we have sent some impressive athletes to the combine/draft. Is that facilities and program related?

They should outrecruit the other three leagues in the footprint, but it will be hard to pull away from MW as a clear 6th because they can capture the second tier in a huge geography.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Is that facilities and program related?

As much as it pains some here to admit it was Edsall related. We'll see what happens going forward.

Reaction Score
As much as it pains some here to admit it was Edsall related. We'll see what happens going forward.
I think there will be some others like Melifonwu, Fatuksi, and maybe even Knappe, and Crozier that will impress scouts in the future. At this point, a kid like Jones who Edsall recruited, his development can't be attributed to him. A lot of that is God given, but the kid played very well on the field.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I think there will be some others like Melifonwu, Fatuksi, and maybe even Knappe, and Crozier that will impress scouts in the future. At this point, a kid like Jones who Edsall recruited, his development can't be attributed to him. A lot of that is God given, but the kid played very well on the field.

Him being drafted out of UConn can be.

Not sure why people keep saying Obi will be drafted... maybe I guess but he doesn't play well so I'd pump the brakes.

Reaction Score
a lot of big name programs not in the first round mich, ohio st, penn st, oklahoma

Reaction Score
Him being drafted out of UConn can be.

Not sure why people keep saying Obi will be drafted... maybe I guess but he doesn't play well so I'd pump the brakes.
He's got two years to put together some good film. There is no denying his athleticism however.

Reaction Score
noeynox said:
He's got two years to put together some good film. There is no denying his athleticism however.

His play has been very poor the last two years, but I think he will test well at the combine. Could be a very good special teamer and a dime linebacker.

Reaction Score
Also would add that safety is the position where players can make huge leaps year to year. I still believe his best position is linebacker, but I won't give up hope he turns into a good safety.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom