NFL defenseless WR penalties (Colt/Ravens) | The Boneyard

NFL defenseless WR penalties (Colt/Ravens)

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
These are usually just horrid penalties, including the one just called with about 5min left in the game. 75% are just bad calls. The scenario should strictly be spearing by a defender who leads with the helmet and intentionally targets a WR who has no shot at catching a ball. I know they're protecting the players but these are the plays that the NFL used to put on highlight films featuring Ronnie Lott, Steve Atwater, Chuck Cecil etc. You separate the guy from the ball - that's what you're taught. If you lead with the shoulder and the WRD has a shot at the ball, it should be considered clean.

Reaction Score
The one your talking about was helmut to helmut. I agree with you on the defenseless player calls though.

Reaction Score
It was helmet to helmet because Wayne changed his body level. That call and rule are crap but they are here to stay.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
The one your talking about was helmut to helmut. I agree with you on the defenseless player calls though.
He nicked his head and it was completely unintentional. The players are moving too fast to call anything other than an obvious spearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom