Next Year's Roster | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Next Year's Roster

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Regarding the 2021-22 starting lineup, one thing is certain: Geno himself has no idea now what it will be. It will be decided by what he sees in the practices that begin in October. High school resumes or accolades will have no bearing, and for returners, 2020-21 performance will have only a minimal relevance. Everything will come down to what the players show in practice next fall.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Regarding the 2021-22 starting lineup, one thing is certain: Geno himself has no idea now what it will be. It will be decided by what he sees in the practices that begin in October. High school resumes or accolades will have no bearing, and for returners, 2020-21 performance will have only a minimal relevance. Everything will come down to what the players show in practice next fall.
I betting the player who swept most of the 2020-2021 POY awards is going to start for UCONN next season-I'm told she's pretty decent. I also would not be surprised to see UCONN starting a freshman this year because UCONN has started a freshman in 5 of the last 7 season (Kia Nurse, KLS, Christyn, Ann, & Paige).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Exactly, which is why I said in my first post that Christyn Williams and Olivia Nelson-Odondo need to improve to be assured of starting next year!

Reaction Score
I would actually like us to stop thinking about this as the 5 people who are on the floor at tip off.

I'd like us to start thinking of it as the people who average 20 or more minutes a game. Those folks should be considered "starters" when you have a strong team.

I think the team's success will be defined on whether we can get 7-8 folks in that category. I think it is totally possible with the talent on the team.

That allows a team from game to game to go with the hot hand, bench someone when they have a bad night (all humans have them), construct a favorable line up to the opponent, and absorb injuries.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I betting the player who swept most of the 2020-2021 POY awards is going to start for UCONN next season-I'm told she's pretty decent. I also would not be surprised to see UCONN starting a freshman this year because UCONN has started a freshman in 5 of the last 7 season (Kia Nurse, KLS, Christyn, Ann, & Paige).
I believe that the only freshman on the list that you gave that started from day one is Paige. All the others started after the opening of the season.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I believe that the only freshman on the list that you gave that started from day one is Paige. All the others started after the opening of the season.
Christyn Williams and Paige were game one starters. Kia was a starter in game 3. Anna was a starter in game 2. KLS was the latest to start in game 10 of the season.

MdStang

Greetings From Geezerville
Reaction Score
If next year's starting five is the same we had at the end of the season (Liv is the big question mark), the first five subs could be a real "shock squad" of super talented players:

P: Dorka (hopefully healthy and showing the talent level of her FR year at OSU)
PF: Aubrey
SF: Caroline
SG: Azzi
PG: Nika

Yikes!

Reaction Score
If next year's starting five is the same we had at the end of the season (Liv is the big question mark), the first five subs could be a real "shock squad" of super talented players:

P: Dorka (hopefully healthy and showing the talent level of her FR year at OSU)
PF: Aubrey
SF: Caroline
SG: Azzi
PG: Nika

Yikes!
And lets not forget that would make this the third unit, 11-15.

C: Piath
PF: Amari
SF: Mir
SG: Saylor
PG: Autumn (and clipboard assistant/coach)

Reaction Score
Paige, Cw, Azzi, AE, Evina are locks. Dorka replaces Liv, at least in minutes, with Amari eating away at Liv’s minutes by March. Nika and Caroline spell Evina, CW and other guards to lesser extent. Only Paige, Azzi and Cw average 35 minutes. Or Geno learns in his dotage and prepares a ten-eleven deep team of regulars, entering game early and often.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
1618278531282.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member