Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Likely Starters:
G- Adams (FR)
G- Purvis (JR)
F- Hamilton (So)
F- Nolan (SR)
C- Brimah (JR)
Some people feel pessimistic about UConn right now, I can't say I feel that way at all, I know that they do have a freshman Point Guard, however there are plenty of other guards on this team to help out if he crashes and burns, but i still think its fair to expect 6-10 pts and 2-5 assists a game, It is likely the Purvis/Hamilton duo will be 1 and 2 in the scoring department, I think 30 ppg between those two isn't unreasonable. Nolan will be the muscle of the starting lineup, he won't put up huge numbers but still will be beneficial and be a sort of glue guy, however it is time for Brimah to get his * together, I think that he should have AT LEAST 12 ppg and he needs to improve strength and show a competence to get rebounds, Expecting 7 rpg is not unreasonable, especially to go with about 4 Bpg range. What I really think will be good about next years team is how they can use different players to their advantage based on the teams they play.
Depth is huge on this team and the weakness of the starting lineup will probably be consistency and shooting from distance, thats where we have Omar and Cassell, I have a hard time believing that Omar will shoot the way he has and I hope to see improvement from him, Cassell never was himself because of that foot fracture and I look to him to improve and be a better player
Facey will be solid, a big who can space the floor and really rebound, I hope he puts on some muscle and works on his shot, I think he will improve significantly
Lubin will provide alot of muscle and toughness down low, look for him to see more time
Samuel will do what he does, lockdown D and I hope that he can do a better job not dribbling around like a man
I know next to nothing about Enoch, What kind of player is he?

Reaction Score
Yeah but they always underacheive after a national champ run, granted this team wont be like 14 shabazz or 11 kemba but I think it will be a solid team, Im not unreasonable here

Reaction Score
You lost me at Nolan will be muscle (hope that was sarcasm) and TSam will be lockdown defender. Nolan can't rebound or make a layup and if hes our muscle we are in trouble. Tsam is an overrated defender and def not a lockdown defender. Also, not too sure about Facey being a great rebounder, if he adds 20 pounds and gets more aggressive than maybe.

Other than that I agree with you we will be better than this season. I expect Enoch to contribute more than most expect.

Reaction Score
You lost me at Nolan will be muscle (hope that was sarcasm) and TSam will be lockdown defender. Nolan can't rebound or make a layup and if hes our muscle we are in trouble. Tsam is an overrated defender and def not a lockdown defender. Also, not too sure about Facey being a great rebounder, if he adds 20 pounds and gets more aggressive than maybe.

Other than that I agree with you we will be better than this season. I expect Enoch to contribute more than most expect.
Facey is already a good rebounder he needs to work on everything else though

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
We have a massive hole in our frontcourt until Enoch develops. That, in combination with an unknown variable at guard, and lack of outside shooting means everything's a question mark.

Reaction Score
Great another thread saying we will be better next year when we don't even know our full roster. Can't you guys wait a couple weeks and let the transfer rumors and new additions sort themselves out before even mentioning if we are going to better. If you want to concentrate on one particular player fine but right now the team is in flux.

Reaction Score
Cassell has shown he can not guard a metal chair at this point - if he does not improve dramatically that will keep him from getting any meaningful minutes.
We win because we play solid D- we are never going to "out offense" the best teams in the country but if we limit their ability to score we can hang with anyone @ last year.

Reaction Score

Nolan changed his body -added muscle- last year and he didn't play any better until late in the season. He actually regressed early in the season. Also later in the season, he played with more confidence and discovered a little baseline jumper.

I expect Phil to pick up when he left off. I don't think he will take a step back like last year. Seniors very often improve their contribution, and I fully expect Phil to do so. There is a ten point or eleven rebound game waiting for Phil and I think we will see a few next year.

Reaction Score
Muscle is probably a bad word for Nolan but Nolan will just be hustle next year, doing all the little things

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
This kind of stuff makes me want to re-visit Spring/Summer threads of 2014.

After this season and my new mantra is: "must keep my expectations in check."
IIRC you were warning people back then to keep their expectations in check. Did they listen to you? No! And apparently you didn't either.

Reaction Score
If no more recruits are added beyond Enoch and Adams this idea that we will be great will pick up steam as we roll through early cupcakes but KO knows what we need, and if he doesn't get them we are at best marginally better and NIT bound again. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom