Next time we need to play a zone against SMU | The Boneyard

Next time we need to play a zone against SMU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Let them beat us with jumpshots. This is how Cincy beat them twice. Move on big game with memphis next--this was the hardest one left on the schedule--now time to pick it up and finish very strong.

Reaction Score
If we go zone then what? We still have to outscore them.

Reaction Score
Next time we need to punch Nic Moore in his little Cabbage Patch kid stupid face.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Forget this game, move on to Memphis and just remember that SMU come to CT two more times
Nic is a Dic but they do have some nice athletes

Reaction Score
I feel good about UConn still. They have been improving. They got a swing taken at them and didn't respond but the next time around it won't happen. I still see UConn winning out the rest of the season and making the NCAA tournament.

Reaction Score
Let them beat us with jumpshots. This is how Cincy beat them twice. Move on big game with memphis next--this was the hardest one left on the schedule--now time to pick it up and finish very strong.

It seems like every time we play zone for even a possession the result is a layup. Not to mention SMU's bigs destroyed us with interior passing. Playing a zone with small guards and bigs who struggle with rotations to begin with sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Reaction Score
It seems like every time we play zone for even a possession the result is a layup. Not to mention SMU's bigs destroyed us with interior passing. Playing a zone with small guards and bigs who struggle with rotations to begin with sounds like a recipe for disaster.

I only remember two possessions where we went 2-3; alley-oop and open 3. For whatever reason we are a hideous zone team.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
We don't practice zone enough and it takes a little BB IQ to play it well. Boat, DHam and Nolan are the only guys who show IQ and Nolan
has no talent. Without Boat this team would 6-18. Does Diaco have Lubin's cell phone number?

Reaction Score
Watching the game I was thinking why KO didn't watch to zone with all the points in the paint, frustrating game to watch. I don't know why we don't just offer some 2 star 6 10 guys a scholarship just to have some size on the bench

Reaction Score
Playing zone against SMU is the only way they have lost with Kennedy. We don't have to worry about it for awhile but this is how to strategically face them. They have 3 quality bigs faceguard Moore and pack the lane with 4 guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom