Next three games are very winnable | The Boneyard

Next three games are very winnable

Reaction Score
Temple, Tulsa, and Missouri. Reminds me a lot of Temple, Rutgers, and Memphis at the end of the 2013 season. I understand this place is gloom and doom right now but these are three winnable games coming up. What the team cannot do is let the emotions of the Memphis loss carry over into next week. Yesterday was Rock Bottom....

.... the turn around starts next week. Beat Temple and get this ship moving in the right direction. It's doable, believe in yourselves and make it happen. One spark can start a fire.

Last edited:

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Not unless we can keep teams under 40 points.

Reaction Score
Temple/ECU is on right now on ESPNU..this will be interesting to watch

Reaction Score
Wave is crashing down on Tulsa... 42-7 in first half.
You may be a bit confident in your belief Temple is a winnable game..LOL. Dead on in your assessment of Marchi by the way.

Reaction Score
Temple is in the bottom 10 in offense... I expect a shoot out nonetheless .

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Hate to say it but I can’t see this team winning another game. Has to be bottom 5 teams in nation right now.

Unfortunately I feel the same.

The defense has shown the inability to learn or perform with the new defensive schemes. It has gotten progressively worse and this team is getting close to giving up mid-season like last year's team did.

Players aren't stupid. They know if they keep trotting out the same players in the same scheme the results will be similar.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
They're winnable in the sense that we will be awarded 60 minutes to see if we can score more points than each of those teams...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Temple is up on ECU 24-7 with a minute before the half. 316 Total yards offense, 227 of them passing.
24-3, actually, at ECU.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I actually still believe we can win the upcoming games too, but it requires the defense to get off the field on 3rd and 5 yards or longer. I don't have the stats from the last few games handy, but our third down percentage has to be horrible. Even on third and double-digit yards.

It's like the "Welcome to the Jungle" music is warning me that a big play for the opponent is about to happen... :(

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I actually still believe we can win the upcoming games too, but it requires the defense to get off the field on 3rd and 5 yards or longer. I don't have the stats from the last few games handy, but our third down percentage has to be horrible. Even on third and double-digit yards.

It's like the "Welcome to the Jungle" music is warning me that a big play for the opponent is about to happen... :(
To do that we'd need, at a minimum, either to be able to get the QB or be able to cover receivers one on one. As things stand right now we haven't shown the ability to do either one consistently.

I'm not hopeful about the rest of the season Dan.

Reaction Score

Funny that you say that. I've really only started coming to games in the last 4 years and was telling my wife last night that this song is ruined for me! It has meant nothing but heartache over that time. I was happy when they changed it up with some Ozzy on a couple of plays.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Funny that you say that. I've really only started coming to games in the last 4 years and was telling my wife last night that this song is ruined for me! It has meant nothing but heartache over that time. I was happy when they changed it up with some Ozzy on a couple of plays.

And bring back the snarling dogs. It was the only positive thing about the Diaco era.

And, very glad to have O Fortuna back. To me that says UConn FB almost as much as the Block C.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Throw out the records and stats when we play. We make every team look like the Patriots.

Keep hope alive. There's no place for UConn to go but..................up! They can't stay this bad much longer.
The oddsmakers have USF listed as a 19.5-point favorite today with the total at 52.5 points. Who ya got??? :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Also appears Logan Marchi isn't that bad of a QB..add that to him having a HUGE chip on his shoulder next week for this game and it will be interesting to say the least.

Best game of year/career:

Reaction Score
UConn can win against Temple, Tulsa, Missouri, BC and Cinci. And could even win a bowl game. Randy may be able to motivate the team to actually win.

Reaction Score
I think if we win and we might it will be 46-42 type game where we out score a team with little offensive fire power. Temple is on that list as is Missouri. I don’t know that we would win either but any future victory is coming by outscoring someone.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom