Next Season Ceiling Floor | The Boneyard

Next Season Ceiling Floor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What's everyone thought on next seasons best and worst case scenarios? For Me

Ceiling: Purvis Hamilton and Brimah make great strides, adams plays within himself and has at least a 2 to 1 assist to turnover, we get an impact 5th year, we beat SMU by 3 games in the conference, win the AAC tournament, get a 3 seed, make a run to the elite eight, and take our chances from there

Floor: No one is added to the roster, hamilton and purvis show flashes but not consistency, brimah continues to not rebound, adams plays like a freshman, we finish fourth in the league, knocked out in the semis of AAC, and back to the nit

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
It's a huge year, obviously, for Purvis, Hamilton and Brimah. It's hard to see them not improving. Purvis and Brimah will be upperclassmen, and Hamilton should improve as usual for talented Freshmen going into Soph year. 3 seed/elite 8 run is very ambitious. Also, going into the year with 3 open scholarships is extremely unlikely. Our priority goal needs to be winning the AAC, or atleast have 12 wins in the conference, and maybe 8 out of conference. And please, no losses to the Houstons and Yales of the world. Once/if we get into the tournament (realistically in the 7-12 seed range), I feel like anything can happen (a la 2014). Let's get some goshdarn transfers though.

Reaction Score
The floor would be 5th behind Bearcats, Tulsa, SMU and Memphis (where we may be now). The ceiling is 1st with 2 key additions. jmho

Reaction Score
What's everyone thought on next seasons best and worst case scenarios? For Me

Ceiling: Purvis Hamilton and Brimah make great strides, adams plays within himself and has at least a 2 to 1 assist to turnover, we get an impact 5th year, we beat SMU by 3 games in the conference, win the AAC tournament, get a 3 seed, make a run to the elite eight, and take our chances from there

Floor: No one is added to the roster, hamilton and purvis show flashes but not consistency, brimah continues to not rebound, adams plays like a freshman, we finish fourth in the league, knocked out in the semis of AAC, and back to the nit

Before I read your post, my thoughts were damn close to this. Instead of regurgitating ideas, I'll pose it a different way.

Ceiling: 1998/2003/2008 type season where major strides are made, and if everyone returns for the following year we're clearly poised for big things

Floor: 2001 type season where the talent doesn't really mesh and we're kind of in between, with no obvious signs of finding a way back to the top

Reaction Score
Is UConns ceiling not always "National Champion?"

Love posts like this....for some reason though I am not feeling it. Add Miller and all of a sudden I am feelin it :). That would be a great step.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Is UConns ceiling not always "National Champion?"

Very few people (one poster in particular) would argue that it was this year's.

Reaction Score
If anyone can guess, I know there is no deadline, but when is it likely that all open scholarships would be filled?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom