Next lottery pick from Uconn | The Boneyard

Next lottery pick from Uconn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Does anyone see a lottery pick coming from us?
Maybe Purvis or Hamilton if they stay for 2 years.
Or do you guys see someone in our future?

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
Brimah
This is my pick as well also the one I hope to be a lottery the most. If he keeps improving the way he has been it will open many NBA scout eyes... Big men that have potential are all the hoorah in drafts and people are willing to gamble on em...

Reaction Score
Guys, I see Purvis based on his potential. I also can
understand Diamond if we get him. But I also see
him as a 2 year stay. But to say Boat. Wow

Reaction Score
next its Purvis this year the Hamilton a year or two after that, and Brimah his junior or senior year

Reaction Score
I see Brimah getting some love from this board.
Are you sure he wouldn't be Thabeet the second?
I think if we can get a BIG into the lottery it will help
with recruiting

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I see Brimah getting some love from this board.
Are you sure he wouldn't be Thabeet the second?
I think if we can get a BIG into the lottery it will help
with recruiting

Well, Thabeet was drafted 2nd, so that would be a massive win for Brimah and UCONN. What they do after UCONN is up to them.

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
The question was for lottery pick so I am going with Brimah... I have no doubt purvis, hamilton, and boat make the draft. Just see Brimah getting into the lottery portion of the draft.

Reaction Score
Thabeet is a mystery to me .
His rookie season Memphis sent him to the D league.
He actually must have shown something because they brought him back up.
In a game against a young but talented OKC team he played substantial minutes..
Looking like the HT of Old.

Unfortunately that young Memphis team played zero D including our own Rudy.
They should have carried red capes and yelled ole as their assignment blew by them.
He literally was a defense of one. I thought maybe he finally gets it ,I was wrong.
Maybe if he went to a culture of hard work and defense as a rookie his career would have been different. Or a JC type coach who demanded excellence .Its sad to see this nice guy consigned to a pretty much non playing role.

Reaction Score
If we want Amida as a lottery pick he's gonna have to do a lot of work and show us a lot this upcoming year....the guy could be good but I'm not sold on a lottery pick with him

Reaction Score
If we want Amida as a lottery pick he's gonna have to do a lot of work and show us a lot this upcoming year....the guy could be good but I'm not sold on a lottery pick with him

I agree. I love the guy but I don't see where he made this marked improvement over the course of the year. My memory is that he was overmatched more often than not and was a foul machine. Other than St. Joes he wasn't a huge factor in our title run as KO preferred to go small. He of course had some great moments but we really need to temper our expectations. Expecting him to be Thabeet 2.0 is a bit overzealous. Hasheem improved markedly and was an absolute force by the time he was a junior. Not many expected that and Amida may actually be further along than HT was, but I can't envision Amida going for 10-8 this year.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I agree. I love the guy but I don't see where he made this marked improvement over the course of the year. My memory is that he was overmatched more often than not and was a foul machine. Other than St. Joes he wasn't a huge factor in our title run as KO preferred to go small. He of course had some great moments but we really need to temper our expectations. Expecting him to be Thabeet 2.0 is a bit overzealous. Hasheem improved markedly and was an absolute force by the time he was a junior. Not many expected that and Amida may actually be further along than HT was, but I can't envision Amida going for 10-8 this year.

He was playing with a significant injury most of the year. That really hindered his playing level and his improvement rate. Ollie mentioned that one of the most significant things for Brimah going into this season is that he'll be injury free, given the surgery/rehab.

Reaction Score
He was playing with a significant injury most of the year. That really hindered his playing level and his improvement rate. Ollie mentioned that one of the most significant things for Brimah going into this season is that he'll be injury free, given the surgery/rehab.

Isn't that what we said about Omar around this time last year?

Reaction Score

pretty big difference b/w getting both hips repaired and getting a shoulder repaired. the whole time he's been rehabbing his shoulder he's been working on two areas he needs to improve on, his footwork and building lower body strength.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

What aceboon said. Also, Omar had a pretty good freshman year, so people just assumed he'd pick up where he left off.

While pain free, Omar didn't appear to have the same mobility and clearly lacked confidence coming back. Pretty sure Omar should have done a redshirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom