Next day observations | The Boneyard

Next day observations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm not trying to be a downer here but why do we not tweak the offense to the players on the team. As a former player of the game, watching maybe one guy who can get drafted in 2017 why on earth are we running anything even close to an NBA set on offense. Run a simple motion offense and we'll put up 80 points with ease. Rant over.

Reaction Score
I'm not trying to be a downer here but why do we not tweak the offense to the players on the team. As a former player of the game, watching maybe one guy who can get drafted in 2017 why on earth are we running anything even close to an NBA set on offense. Run a simple motion offense and we'll put up 80 points with ease. Rant over.
nobody knows, and ollie isn't answering those kind of questions to the beat reporters. he runs a "circle action" which is essentially a dribble hand off offense where the pg cuts the corner for a three after dribble penetration, the fact he so brazenly started facey and brimah is alarming, neither of those can do ANYTHING ON OFFENSE. i give ollie props he is good at SLOB and OOT plays, he can draw some things up; which may make him more useless in the nba as an assistant or hc.

when he tries to let his team 'rock', with purvis/facey/brimah on the floor, its not surprising we have been a horrible offensive team for 5 years.

Reaction Score
Next day observations: AG is a future All-American. Played 35 minutes in his first game, hit 5 of 8 from the floor, played tight D, and turned it over 0 times. Expectations are huge for him over the next four years and I have no doubt he will come through.

Vital is better than I expected (yes, I know it's only been one game). Gave 100% every second he was on the floor. Very tough defender and has a decent looking stroke.

We need to play Mamadou. One of our biggest problems is that our bigs can't rebound. Mamadou would have none of this. I've seen him play in HS, he is a relentless rebounder. He needs to see some minutes.

Most importantly, GUARD THE 3! They had wayyy too many open 3 pointers. Simply not acceptable.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Next day observations: AG is a future All-American. Played 35 minutes in his first game, hit 5 of 8 from the floor, played tight D, and turned it over 0 times.

You're basing this all off of Wagner...love AG but let's see him do this against better teams before the AA talk starts.

Reaction Score
You're basing this all off of Wagner...love AG but let's see him do this against better teams before the AA talk starts.
he's also not even there defensively , but i'm not going to split hairs. gilbert and vital were so much better than adams and purvis i'm just startled, scared, and don't know what to do.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
he's also not even there defensively , but i'm not going to split hairs. gilbert and vital were so much better than adams and purvis i'm just startled, scared, and don't know what to do.

He'll have to guard bigger dudes than the ones Wagner had too.

Reaction Score
He'll have to guard bigger dudes than the ones Wagner had too.
very scary thoughts, you noticed how small he looked on close outs too right (close outs are the most important 'ancillary' part of help defense to others, not following but disrupting shots)? people here tell me not to overreact but i think ollie needs to throw the kitchen sink.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Ollie sort of has to let Facey and Brimah play themselves off the starting team.

Reaction Score
Ollie sort of has to let Facey and Brimah play themselves off the starting team.
and Purvis...I know its one bad game but between larrier/adams/AG you could throw in Vital over him and have output necessary to win

Reaction Score
Can't both be out there. Too many negatives, and unfortunately they are almost the same ones.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Oh a motion offense you say? Here? NEXT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom