Next, Boise State & QB Brett Rypien | The Boneyard

Next, Boise State & QB Brett Rypien

Reaction Score
Moving on, next up Boise State and QB Brett Rypien.

"Boise State earned all 22 first-place votes in the preseason media poll at the Mountain West Football Summit ..."

"Rypien was named the Mountain West Preseason Offensive Player of the Year after a junior season in which he threw for 2,877 yards (completing 62.6 percent) with 16 touchdowns and six interceptions."

Reaction Score
There is a brightside to all of this though.... We get to go up against 2 of the best college football QBs in the country 2 weeks in a row.

It's truly (IMO) a biblical moment for UConn Football ( "baptism by fire" Matthew 3:11 ) This is a test of not only the team but for us fans.

To help ease my mind in week 2 I'm seriously considering to drink about 4 regular size glasses of my 8 year old Bacardi Rum that my co-worker just brought back to me as a gift from Puerto Rico (all on the rocks.... 2 during the first half and the other 2 to finish me off for the night before the 2nd half ends), my Bob Uecker "Major League" moment...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
There is a brightside to all of this though.... We get to go up against 2 of the best college football QBs in the country 2 weeks in a row.

It's truly (IMO) a biblical moment for UConn Football ( "baptism by fire" Matthew 3:11 ) This is a test of not only the team but for us fans.

To help ease my mind in week 2 I'm seriously considering about 4 regular size glasses of my 8 year old Bacardi Rum that my co-worker just brought back to me as a gift from Puerto Rico (all on the rocks.... 2 during the first half and the other 2 to finish me off for the night before the 2nd half ends), my Bob Uecker "Major League" moment...
I'll drink to that.

Reaction Score
The other brightside is that this game will likely be the toughest road environment the team will encounter on the season. Good to get the best 2 teams/QB's and now road game out of the way the first 2 games. Just have to hang in there until week 3.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Oh we knew. Top 20. That they were better than UCF or on par? No. We knew we would get skunked, but expected a better effort.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom