Newsome 492 yds 7 TD last night | The Boneyard

Newsome 492 yds 7 TD last night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Are you freaking kidding me, I don't care who they were playing these are insane numbers. God I hope he dosen't get picked up by any other school

Reaction Score
I have been saying this for a while. Between now and national signing day, we can lose anyone or everyone from this recruiting classs as far as I am concerned, as long as we get Arkeel I see a bright future and a return to a pound it out rushing attack that we were known for. My fingers will be crossed for a while, especially when the rest of the nation will notice him in the US Army All American Game.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
He's absolutely astounding.

Reaction Score
We batted this around in the 2014 Recruiting Thread but here is where he stands in the all time high school rushing yards rankings:

AK is @ 10,155 w/ at least one, possible two games left.

http://www.nfhs.org/recordbook/Records.aspx?CategoryId=370

12144 Derrick Henry FL (Yulee), 2009-12 (Henry is a 5* true freshman @ Bama (avg. 28 ypg - third option after Yeldon/Drake)
11232 Ken Hall TX (Sugar Land), 1950-53 (Hall went to Texas A&M and was a NFL/CFL journeyman)
11045 Michael Hart NY (Nedrow Onondaga), 2000-03 (Hart played @ Michigan (career rushing leader), then the Colts)
10895 Kevin Parks, Jr.NC (Mount Ulla West Rowan), 2006-09 (Parks is @ UVA (should be 1k rusher this year).
10889 Johnathan Gray TX (Aledo), 2008-11 (Gray is @ Texas and was starting RB till he got injured)
10241 Toney Baker NC (Jamestown Ragsdale), 2001-04 (Baker went to NC State, signed with Broncos and didn't catch on)

9668 Terrance Wilkes AL (Wadley), 2003-06 (This is a tragic one. Wilkes was shot and killed while a senior in high school)
9662 Toby Gerhart CA (Norco), 2002-05 (Gerhart played for Stanford, was Heisman runner-up and then onto the Vikings)

Imagine how many yards Newsome would have without the CIAC Score Management Rule in CT where he has had to sit-out many parts of 3rd and 4th quarters.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Oh... BTW:

McDTwin13:29pm via web
Ansonia senior running back Arkeel Newsome on UConn football: "I'm still verbally committed to #UConn and I just can't wait to be up there.

McDTwin13:30pm via web
Newsome cont.... "It's a great environment. I just love the school." #UConn

McDTwin13:31pm via web
Newsome said he's followed UConn's season and the coaching change won't affect his commitment.
#UConn

McDTwin13:31pm via web
“No it doesn’t really affect me, I’m still sticking with it. I’m just waiting to see who’s going to be their next head coach.” -Newsome

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Hopefully we've recruited some O lines guys to lead the way for the young man, I'm actually excited for the coming years.

Reaction Score
I love this kid already. Hope he can play right away!

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Pretty impressive runs, but let's not let him pass the ball. :)

Reaction Score
I have been saying this for a while. Between now and national signing day, we can lose anyone or everyone from this recruiting classs as far as I am concerned, as long as we get Arkeel I see a bright future and a return to a pound it out rushing attack that we were known for. My fingers will be crossed for a while, especially when the rest of the nation will notice him in the US Army All American Game.

Two years ago it was obvious he could play at this level. Now it looks as though he will be an immediate impact player.And when you look at the national numbers, remember he's been sitting a great deal in the second half of most games.

STAY HOME HUSKY!!!

Reaction Score
My hope is that he's a lot like Todman in that he's a bit under-recruited because of where he plays and beause he might be a bit under-sized. My recollection is that Todman re-wrote a lot of HS records in Mass., but played for a small school (conference). I hope he's as fast as Todman. Wonderful opportunity for him and UCONN. We'll see.

Reaction Score
My hope is that he's a lot like Todman in that he's a bit under-recruited because of where he plays and beause he might be a bit under-sized. My recollection is that Todman re-wrote a lot of HS records in Mass., but played for a small school (conference). I hope he's as fast as Todman. Wonderful opportunity for him and UCONN. We'll see.
As he gets bigger, I think he may resemble a Darren Sproles type. He has some real nice cutting ability without slowing down.

Reaction Score

He'll be as fast as Todman but they're different runners. But he won't be an under the radar guy if he shows up in the all-star games. Could be a great complement to Max and the other runners coming up in his first year. We just need to upgrade our blocking to take advantage.

Reaction Score
I wanted to share this post from Kris1 on this Forum because some folks have a tendency to not wander over to the Football Recruiting Forum. This is in regards to Commit Arkeel Newsome who's Ansonia team will be playing next weekend for the Class S Championship: Today he finished with 36 carries, 269 yards, 5 TDs.

Following today's performance, Arkeel Newsome now has 300 carries for 3,619 yards, 64 total TDs on the season. The 64 TDs breaks his previous single-season state record (62) set in 2011. He now has 10,424 career yards on 912 attempts and 183 career TDs.

According to MaxPreps, Arkeel Newsome entered today's game as the second leading rusher in the nation behind, North Carolina commit, Elijah Hood. Hood carried 32 times for 147 yards in a semi-final loss. Hood finishes the season with 351 carries for 3,638 yards in 15 games. With one game remaining, Newsome would need just 20 yards to surpass Hood as the nation's leading rusher. Although California commit Tre Watson, who rushed for 304 yards today, is statistically still in the mix. Watson currently sits 121 yards behind Newsome following today's results. Watson's Centennial team is likely to be chosen to participate in next week's CIFF State Regional Game, either in Open or Division I.

Newsome is also just 144 yards shy of his single-season state rushing record (3,763), and 381 yards shy of an almost unfathomable 4,000 yard rushing season.

Reaction Score
Do we really want this kid if you could only muster 269 yds and 5 tds today? I mean He'll probably only lead the nation in rushing this year and has only gone over 10,poo for his career. He can't nearly be as good as Outlaw (BCU) or Ervin Phillips (Cuse).

Reaction Score
Do we really want this kid if you could only muster 269 yds and 5 tds today? I mean He'll probably only lead the nation in rushing this year and has only gone over 10,poo for his career. He can't nearly be as good as Outlaw (BCU) or Ervin Phillips (Cuse).

He probably would have 3k-4k more yards if he didn't sit out so many quarters.

Friday night at 7:05 PM for Ansonia vs Woodland, Class S finals at CCSU in New Britain. I'm there.

Reaction Score
He probably would have 3k-4k more yards if he didn't sit out so many quarters.

Friday night at 7:05 PM for Ansonia vs Woodland, Class S finals at CCSU in New Britain. I'm there.
Back in October I was in Kentucky, while I was there the #1 school in the State beat some team like 94-0. There wasn't one article about how they rubbed it in or ran up the score. The starting QB was tossing td passes in the 3rd qtr and his backup was throwing them into the 4th. The only quote from the losing coach was something to effect it's our job to stop them from scoring.

Reaction Score

Had the chance to watch Erv multiple times- gonna be a good player. Something about him.

Outlow breaks down too much.

Reaction Score
a quote from the Courant article about Newsome ... good to hear but I won't feel comfortable until he is signed.

Newsome, who reaffirmed his commitment to UConn, rushed for 492 yards and seven TDs in Ansonia's win over Coginchaug Regional-Durham in the quarterfinals, and after that game the opposing coach, John Bozzi, called Ansonia a "less-than-average football team" if you took away Newsome.

Reaction Score
Newsome is sick. Job number for the new coach is to contact this kid and make him feel wanted.

Reaction Score
Newsome is awesome! Can't wait to see him with CC and G.Davis in offense unit. Now if UConn could somehow rebuild the defense with the old elan, then UConn would really be a team to be reckoned with. I cannot believe the turn-around in optimism now that PP and GDL are gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom