News from Gampel: Batouly Warming Up | The Boneyard

News from Gampel: Batouly Warming Up

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Watching the pregame warmups here at Gampel, I notice that Batouly Camara is participating fully in everything that the team is doing. Layups, dribble and guard, jump shots, everything. That suggests to me that she may now be "full go" from a medical standpoint.

Of course, if she sets foot on the court against Cincinnati or in any game this season, she will forfeit any chance of a sixth year, but perhaps she has decided that she doesn't wish to pursue that anyway.

If she can shake off the rust during the remaining AAC games, she might be a significant addition to the front court bench in March.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Watching the pregame warmups here at Gampel, I notice that Batouly Camara is participating fully in everything that the team is doing. Layups, dribble and guard, jump shots, everything. That suggests to me that she may now be "full go" from a medical standpoint.

Of course, if she sets foot on the court against Cincinnati or in any game this season, she will forfeit any chance of a sixth year, but perhaps she has decided that she doesn't wish to pursue that anyway.

If she can shake off the rust during the remaining AAC games, she might be a significant addition to the front court bench in March.

Hey Joe, looking for another one of your “eye witness” accounts of your observations of the game. Thanks in advance. :)

Reaction Score
Batouly was jumping around a fair bit at the bench during the USA game - I wondered. Exciting!

In her shoes, if I had medical clearance, I'd use this year as my last. Opportunities to contribute this year are good, next year -- who knows? And while I don't know her plans are after college I'd personally be reluctant to pause my life for too many years given her bad luck with injuries.

Reaction Score
I'd love to see Batouly and Evelyn on the floor at the same time...............nobody on the other team would get within seven feet of the basket.........

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Geno said in the post-game presser that the trainer had cleared Touly for warmups tonight. Geno said that doesn't mean that she is ready to play, but it is a step in the right direction. Fingers crossed!

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I am guessing that participation in the pregame warmup is a whole lot different than participating in a normal practice. Just guessing...

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Geno said in the post-game presser that the trainer had cleared Touly for warmups tonight. Geno said that doesn't mean that she is ready to play, but it is a step in the right direction. Fingers crossed!

He also said she practiced this week for 20 minutes. Touly has always recovered very, very slow.

Reaction Score
I've been a huge booster of Batouly Camara since her days at KY, so I can't wait till she's cleared to play!
If and when healthy she can add a whole lot of positive "Big Girl" to the mix!

Reaction Score

I think you are being kind and compassionate. I can't help but thinking, " whatever she does, wherever she is in her re-hab, will be of no basketball consequence to UCONN this season." If she so loves the game that she wants a chance to compete at least once, while healthy, more power to her. But she will have a mountain to climb to get any playing time next season. I wish her all the best. This is a sad but courageous story of a college athlete.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom