News Flash Regarding AP Poll | The Boneyard

News Flash Regarding AP Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I guess crowd sourcing isn't a valued resource here.

upload_2016-11-1_9-8-53.png

Reaction Score
So - Kara Lawson doesn't get to vote?

No, but Jim Fuller, Carl A., and Rebecca did .....ouch!

Keep in mind that this ranking will be short-lived. Within the first three weeks of the season we play #1 Notre Dame and #2 Baylor.

Fasten your seat-belts!

Reaction Score
Ohio State and Louisville are the dark horses. If there's a surprise, they will provide it.

South Carolina chokes again in the NCAA's?

If UConn makes it ten Final Fours in a row, I will consider it a very successful season.

And if this group can make it to the Final Four, they will be the odds-on favorite for the national championship next year!

HGN

Reaction Score
I think the Rankings are good...............For the Huskies. No particular pressure on the Big-3 Less Huskies now.
No reputation to defend ; No pressure when they meet the teams Ranked above them (SC, ND, BU). The Rankings
gives the Huskies time to jell and mature before Rankings really count. Now when the Huskies and those teams ranked above them meet all the pressure will be on the higher ranked team. And I think that's better for these young
Huskies.

These Huskies can now play a little more loose , gain experience , mature , and grow. And be in a better position to
gain back the No.1 Ranking in April............When Rankings really count.

Eskapeesto

The specter of ExtraPesto is haunting the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Geno segment on First Take about to start (ESPN2).

Reaction Score
This is a reasonable result. Personally, I would have UConn #1 by the slimmest of margins. That's based more on where I think they'll be by the end of the year than where I expect them to be early on. If I go by where I think teams will be between now and New Years, I'd go ND, Baylor, UConn as the AP poll has it but wouldn't argue with flipping ND and Baylor.

In any case I see a top tier of UConn, ND & Baylor and I wouldn't argue with any way of sorting those top three. I know a lot of folks would put SC into that mix, and I wouldn't be shocked if they emerge as the top team. There's not a huge gap from 1 to 8 so things should be interesting. But I expect SC to underperform expectations. I don't expect them to be significantly better than last year and there was a reason they didn't make it to the F4. To assume that this is the year SC puts it all together and makes a run at the championship, you have to assume that Gray + Davis is an upgrade over Mitchell. Alisha Gray is really good, but Davis is a volume shooter extraordinaire and has the potential to be very disruptive. As does her mother. (Seriously.)

Reaction Score
I don't get why nd is ranked so high? They lost their 2 best scorers leaving Turner who is overrated and can't play a whole season without getting hurt and their star guard who disapears in big games. They couldn't even make the final 4 last year, so what am i missing?

Uconn will move right up to #2 after they smoke Fla and baylor the first week.

Reaction Score
I don't get why nd is ranked so high? They lost their 2 best scorers leaving Turner who is overrated and can't play a whole season without getting hurt and their star guard who disapears in big games. They couldn't even make the final 4 last year, so what am i missing?

I dunno about smoking too many P5 teams this year. Baylor we will be lucky if we even win that one, and FSU will be a battle too. This is going to be a much different kind of year. Next year I think we resume steam rolling much of the WCBB teams out there, but this year I don't see it.

Reaction Score
Glad UConn isn't #1 actually. This team has a big enough target on its back as it is and it's a lot of pressure for what is a fairly young (but experienced) team.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

Remind us again why Turner is overrated. Turner, Wilson & Tuck all missed time with injuries why so much shade on Turner.

Reaction Score
Remind us again why Turner is overrated. Turner, Wilson & Tuck all missed time with injuries why so much shade on Turner.
Remind us why you think she is so great? What has she done so far? She doesn't even dive for loose balls and geno doesn't like anyone that isn't giving 100% on the floor. I will go on record right now and say turner leaves nd just like the great overrated diggins with 0 national championships.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

ND lost their two best scorers? Cable was 2nd in PPG and 1st in total points. So I'll give you that they lost one of their two best scorers. Unless you meant that they lost their two best shooters, which is true. Even then, Marina Mabrey shot a better percentage from 3 than Michaela did last year.

Star guard who disappears in big games? Which is...who exactly? I would say that ND's star guard going into this year is Lindsay Allen, but she is generally better in big games. For example, she was ND's leading scorer against both Indiana and Stanford in last year's NCAA tournament.

Turner's shoulder has been surgically repaired and she has had no other injuries that I'm aware of.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Remind us why you think she is so great? What has she done so far? She doesn't even dive for loose balls and geno doesn't like anyone that isn't giving 100% on the floor. I will go on record right now and say turner leaves nd just like the great overrated diggins with 0 national championships.

You're complaining that a player who has played most of her college career with an injured shoulder isn't diving for loose balls? Really? Think about that for a second.

And the irony is that she got that shoulder injury by, wait for it...wrestling for a loose ball!

Reaction Score
I dunno about smoking too many P5 teams this year. Baylor we will be lucky if we even win that one, and FSU will be a battle too. This is going to be a much different kind of year. Next year I think we resume steam rolling much of the WCBB teams out there, but this year I don't see it.
I don't know how concerned I'd be with FSU. Baylor is a different subject. We might be surprised that a number of our players really spread their wings now that they're not deferring to the BIG 3 that graduated. Maybe somehow they felt they were expected to turn to Stewie and Tuck and Mo in critical times and it impaired their development a bit. We could be in for a big surprise that this team ends up being great. I know it's a big MAYBE but it isn't unheard of.

Reaction Score
Well since you all think nd is so great lets put our money where our Keyboards are. I bet you uconn goes farther in the ncaa tournament then nd, any takers?

skilz

Final Four Bound!
Reaction Score
Great coaches will make great teams!

Reaction Score
Well since you all think nd is so great lets put our money where our Keyboards are. I bet you uconn goes farther in the ncaa tournament then nd, any takers?
Pretty safe bet on your part. There's no way Notre Dame can go farther than UConn. From South Bend to Dallas is 1,023 miles. Storrs to Dallas is 1,693 miles. UConn will go 640 miles farther.

Who ever goes further ...now that's a different issue. ;)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Let me think, did you mean besides Turner being an All-American? Funny, Turner's not playing for Geno so I'm pretty sure Geno would enjoy her not diving on the floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom