New Yorks "College Team" | The Boneyard

New Yorks "College Team"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
DaveHuskiesFan wrote on the men's bb forum:

And I use that term loosely. Cuse is having their game vs Providence on SNY shown on tape delay so they can show the Uconn Womens game live.

"Syracuse University Mens Basketball! Where our zone defense is less entertaining than Womens Basketball!"

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
SNY has a CT feed. Is that everywhere or just in CT?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'm up in MA and the women are on

Well that's good to see the athletic department did something right. Getting Priority over a SU men's game is a good job.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
The thing is this sheds some light as to UConn's influence in NYC or conversely Syracuse's influence in NYC.

This may be weird to some but I found it interesting as well as weird. From another poster in that thread:

I teach in a prison and get a lot of students from NYC. We talk about sports a lot during downtime and overwhelmingly they follow UConn basketball. I've never had a NYC student tell me they were a fan of Syracuse, St. Johns, or Rutgers. I'm not suggesting they are die hard UConn fans, but seem to follow it much more than the other teams.

Reaction Score
The thing is this sheds some light as to UConn's influence in NYC or conversely Syracuse's influence in NYC.

This may be weird to some but I found it interesting as well as weird. From another poster in that thread:

I teach in a prison and get a lot of students from NYC. We talk about sports a lot during downtime and overwhelmingly they follow UConn basketball. I've never had a NYC student tell me they were a fan of Syracuse, St. Johns, or Rutgers. I'm not suggesting they are die hard UConn fans, but seem to follow it much more than the other teams.

Would you want to wear fruity jerseys, play zone, graduate to the NBDL and also rarely get by the first weekend of the NCAA tourney?

On the other hand, it must be nice to get away with murder knowing you're untouchable in the Syracuse area and on campus.

Reaction Score
Not surprised by the prison commentary. Had a family party at my house last year, my much younger cousin from Long Island was outside playing basketball and rejected my brother and he goes 'Roscoe Smith.' I did a double take and my uncle goes, "Oh, he never misses a game on SNY."

Reaction Score
There are banners around MSG for SJU claiming it is 'New York's Team'
'Cuse has cab ads that say it's New York's Team.

Who am I to believe?

ctchamps

Reaction Score
There are banners around MSG for SJU claiming it is 'New York's Team'
'Cuse has cab ads that say it's New York's Team.

Who am I to believe?
Obviously you never heard of false advertising. In the Rutgirls situation it would be falsies advertising.

Reaction Score
Obviously you never heard of false advertising. In the Rutgirls situation it would be falsies advertising.
It's probably more exaggerated than false. As long as I don't see Rutgers ads I can deal with it.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
It's probably more exaggerated than false. As long as I don't see Rutgers ads I can deal with it.
I just was laughing at events. Not at you. That is, as much as one can laugh given how ridiculous the situation has been for UConn up to this date. But I think UConn still lands well and has years of success. So I'm laughing with hope I guess.

Reaction Score
I just was laughing at events. Not at you. That is, as much as one can laugh given how ridiculous the situation has been for UConn up to this date. But I think UConn still lands well and has years of success. So I'm laughing with hope I guess.
Nah. I followed you. Just trying keeping the laughs going, I guess.
It just always strikes me as frustrating that folks are so intent on cornering the NYC market for college sports when there really is little interest and even less interest for the local teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom