New York Times: How Connecticut became the first school in college football's top division to cancel its season because of the pandemic | The Boneyard

New York Times: How Connecticut became the first school in college football's top division to cancel its season because of the pandemic

Reaction Score
Edsall drives me nuts as a game day coach, however off the field he seems to do the right things continuously (with the exception of publicly blaming lack of talent for recent disasters even if true). As a parent I would send my kid to play for him.

Reaction Score
Edsall drives me nuts as a game day coach, however off the field he seems to do the right things continuously (with the exception of publicly blaming lack of talent for recent disasters even if true). As a parent I would send my kid to play for him.
Does the right thing? He made Jordan Todman adddress the team to let them know he was leaving to turn pro but Edsell was not MAN enough to tell the players and coaches in person that he was leaving for Maryland. Why he was brought back after that I will never understand.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Does the right thing? He made Jordan Todman adddress the team to let them know he was leaving to turn pro but Edsell was not MAN enough to tell the players and coaches in person that he was leaving for Maryland. Why he was brought back after that I will never understand.
He apologized for that night and leaving the way he did. Many times over. No one is perfect and he screwed up. He has a lot of guys who played for him love him for what he did for them. He surely repped the program well during the Jasper Howard days and he continues to do so now.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
100% Which is why I've said in the past he needs an heir apparent waiting in the wings to assume the HC role when he steps back to being Director of Player & Alumni Affairs.

Reaction Score
Alternative cynical view: Easy decision. Keeps him off the hot seat for another year and paycheck keeps coming in. And, no, players didn’t make the decision. Not buying it.

Reaction Score
He apologized for that night and leaving the way he did. Many times over. No one is perfect and he screwed up. He has a lot of guys who played for him love him for what he did for them. He surely repped the program well during the Jasper Howard days and he continues to do so now.
It took five years

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom