New York or Boston | The Boneyard

New York or Boston

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
I see New York lit up the Empire State Building blue. To me it is interesting I grew up in the middle of the state suburb of Hartford and all my friends except for me rooted for Boston teams. I rooted for NewYork teams. We were all UConn huskies fans so once a year we were rooting for the same team. So what did Boston do to recognize the Huskie natty?

Reaction Score
I see New York lit up the Empire State Building blue. To me it is interesting I grew up in the middle of the state suburb of Hartford and all my friends except for me rooted for Boston teams. I rooted for NewYork teams. We were all UConn huskies fans so once a year we were rooting for the same team. So what did Boston do to recognize the Husky natty?
College sports are not popular in Boston. They never even acknowledge that college sport are played. If you go to a bar in Boston, you never see college sports. NY is much more of a college sports town.

At least the Patriots realize 20% of their season ticket holders live in Connecticut.

Reaction Score
College sports are not popular in Boston. They never even acknowledge that college sport are played. If you go to a bar in Boston, you never see college sports. NY is much more of a college sports town.

At least the Patriots realize 20% of their season ticket holders live in Connecticut.
Probably because all the Boston and MA teams are bad. BU in hockey is the exception.

MrP

Reaction Score
There was quite a bit of chatter on sports radio leading up to both final 4 and the championship games, especially with online gambling coming online in the last few weeks. 98.5 has a minor but pretty vocal personality who is a huge UConn fan - he called into one of the shows from Houston and the host said something like “no one is talking about the Bruins, all they care about is UConn”. They went into quite a bit of detail about strengths and weaknesses of the team and individual players, mostly Jackson, Adama, and Hawkins.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I see New York lit up the Empire State Building blue. To me it is interesting I grew up in the middle of the state suburb of Hartford and all my friends except for me rooted for Boston teams. I rooted for NewYork teams. We were all UConn huskies fans so once a year we were rooting for the same team. So what did Boston do to recognize the Husky natty?
Boston had the Pru lit up blue before the game. Just like in NY. There was even a post about it here.

Lots of college sports fans in the Boston area, not as many in the city of Boston. Suburban Boston isn't lacking for UConn fans, several just in my small neighborhood. I think the Boston UConn Alumni Association makes a mistake with the watch party at a lousy bar in the North End, least accessible place in the city in many ways.

Boston is a pro town. NYC is a pro town. Philly is a pro town. You can't compare any of them to the midwest or south.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Boston had the Pru lit up blue before the game. Just like in NY. There was even a post about it here.

Lots of college sports fans in the Boston area, not as many in the city of Boston. Suburban Boston isn't lacking for UConn fans, several just in my small neighborhood. I think the Boston UConn Alumni Association makes a mistake with the watch party at a lousy bar in the North End, least accessible place in the city in many ways.

Boston is a pro town. NYC is a pro town. Philly is a pro town. You can't compare any of them to the midwest or south.
Did not know about the Prudential Tower that’s cool. So we are really a dominant regional force. It makes sense that Boston would have fans since Calhoun cut his teeth in the state. What other BE schools that are not in New York or Mass have the same fan base? I really asked the question to understand our footprint. But also read some posts about Boston having some haters in the media.

Reaction Score
UConn and the BE are exponentially more connected to NYC than Boston due to the BET being at MSG and SJU and Hall being in the NYC metro area.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom