New York Liberty @ Chicago Sky - 7/01/18 | The Boneyard

New York Liberty @ Chicago Sky - 7/01/18

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Every time I watch the Liberty, it's totally the Tina Charles Show.

Given their poor record with her, one can only imagine how they would struggle without her.

Reaction Score
Gabby wt. Kia, good game ... a must watch.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Every time I watch the Liberty, it's totally the Tina Charles Show.

Given their poor record with her, one can only imagine how they would struggle without her.

I turned it on, last 10 minutes:
Didn't see Tina ...neither Kia or Gabby
But big mama Stef, Bria and her cool hairdo and Kiah were much in evidence.

Reaction Score
84-84 Overtime

Should Nurse be getting more minutes than Zellous?
Zellous 26 min 2-9
Nurse 10 min, 1-5

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Tina Charles won that game single-handedly.

I wish I could get a count on how many fouls she drew personally. Had to be at least 10. Ndour, Parker, and Williams were all helpless against her. Only Dolson could defend her somewhat effectively.

Gabby has hit the wall big time. I like a lot of what she does but she is simply too small to guard 4s at this level. Offensively, she needs to improve her shooting. I watched her pass up an wide open 2 and pass to Diamond who was forced to take a much tougher shot. Later, she airballed a wide open 3. Dolson is making 3s. Cheyenne Parker regularly drains long 2s. You cannot thrive in this league as a 5-11 player who is scared to take 15-footers.

Quigley, Dolson, and Sloot gave tremendous efforts tonight but the rookies didn't show up and Parker struggled with foul trouble. Not enough help.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Charles set a hard screen on an inbounds play and Quigley couldn't get around it so she ran straight into Charles, knocking her over. If anything it should have been called an offensive foul for a moving screen. Instead it was ruled a flagrant because it was an away from the play foul at a dead ball.

Later, Dolson gets hit in the face on a rebound and goes down. No whistle. Charles scores the game's decisive bucket while Dolson is still getting back to her feet.

Chicago was called for 9 more fouls than New York and shot 14 fewer free throws.

So much for home cooking :confused:

Reaction Score
Orangutan, thanks for the explanation on the Quigley foul. I thought I heard flagrant foul from the announcers? I could be wrong. Also, did you notice that Kia Vaughn had a good first quarter, then the Liberty went away from her or the Sky made a defensive adjustment. Also, Zellous is a foul committing machine. She only IMHO gets minutes because she has the skill to make shots or create her own shot. Kia's 3 point shot has left her. So, I noticed a couple of times she tried to take to the rack instead of throwing up a three. I thought Rebecca Allen's height on defense might have aided in slowing down Sloot and Quigley. They are three point snipers. Allen has not played in the last two games.

Reaction Score
Orangutan, thanks for the explanation on the Quigley foul. I thought I heard flagrant foul from the announcers? I could be wrong. Also, did you notice that Kia Vaughn had a good first quarter, then the Liberty went away from her or the Sky made a defensive adjustment. Also, Zellous is a foul committing machine. She only IMHO gets minutes because she has the skill to make shots or create her own shot. Kia's 3 point shot has left her. So, I noticed a couple of times she tried to take to the rack instead of throwing up a three. I thought Rebecca Allen's height on defense might have aided in slowing down Sloot and Quigley. They are three point snipers. Allen has not played in the last two games.
More teams should put more pressure on Quigley. You can pressure her into turnovers. She’s great but can panic if enough pressure is applied. As good a game as Vandersloot had she didn’t finish strong. Diamond still turning it over too many times and missing late baskets.

Reaction Score
More teams should put more pressure on Quigley. You can pressure her into turnovers. She’s great but can panic if enough pressure is applied. As good a game as Vandersloot had she didn’t finish strong. Diamond still turning it over too many times and missing late baskets.
THat's why Stef is setting screens for Allie to get good looks at the basket.

Reaction Score
Tina Charles won that game single-handedly.

I wish I could get a count on how many fouls she drew personally. Had to be at least 10. Ndour, Parker, and Williams were all helpless against her. Only Dolson could defend her somewhat effectively.

Gabby has hit the wall big time. I like a lot of what she does but she is simply too small to guard 4s at this level. Offensively, she needs to improve her shooting. I watched her pass up an wide open 2 and pass to Diamond who was forced to take a much tougher shot. Later, she airballed a wide open 3. Dolson is making 3s. Cheyenne Parker regularly drains long 2s. You cannot thrive in this league as a 5-11 player who is scared to take 15-footers.

Quigley, Dolson, and Sloot gave tremendous efforts tonight but the rookies didn't show up and Parker struggled with foul trouble. Not enough help.

The coach has to realize that Gabby has a big disadvantage in guarding the 4's. Especially when they try and post her up. The only time I have seen Gabby do well with the 4's is if they dribble sometimes she can steal the ball with her quickness.

Reaction Score
The coach has to realize that Gabby has a big disadvantage in guarding the 4's. Especially when they try and post her up. The only time I have seen Gabby do well with the 4's is if they dribble sometimes she can steal the ball with her quickness.
In college she could time the pass brilliantly and pick it off time after time. Was a masterful.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom