New York Liberty 2020 | The Boneyard

New York Liberty 2020

Reaction Score
16 nationally televised games out of 22.
95EDA7B4-C602-459B-82BF-E09B1F39CFA1.jpeg

Reaction Score
only because of Sabrina. Hope she handles the hype well (as much hype as a WNBA player can have)
They’re going to lose most of these nationally televised games too.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
NY Liberty Preview show on YES network. Friday July 17 9PM

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
only because of Sabrina. Hope she handles the hype well (as much hype as a WNBA player can have)

How much hype can there be in the bubble? Nobody to cheer for her, nobody to boo her, no gaggle of reporters around her locker. If you don't handle hype well, this would be the perfect rookie season. I think Ionescu thrives on hype, so the lack may be a negative for her.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
How much hype can there be in the bubble? Nobody to cheer for her, nobody to boo her, no gaggle of reporters around her locker. If you don't handle hype well, this would be the perfect rookie season. I think Ionescu thrives on hype, so the lack may be a negative for her.
Simply put, if she struggles, she will feel it and some level of press will comment on it. Yes, much less than if there was no bubble. As a liberty fan, I am hoping she plays as well as a rookie can be expected.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Front court looks extremely underwhelming with Stokes/Zahui B/Shook/Holmes holding down the fort inside, but the trio of Nurse/Durr/Ionescu could be really fun to watch. I think Ionescu will have a tremendous impact on their numbers since both can shoot from deep and move well off the ball (especially Nurse).

Reaction Score
Front court looks extremely underwhelming with Stokes/Zahui B/Shook/Holmes holding down the fort inside, but the trio of Nurse/Durr/Ionescu could be really fun to watch. I think Ionescu will have a tremendous impact on their numbers since both can shoot from deep and move well off the ball (especially Nurse).

Durr is out for the season. Walker is late.

Reaction Score

Durr is having a tough time recovering from Covid-19 and will not play this season.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Too bad some of the fire, desire and urgency Tina Charles has and plays with didn’t rub off on Kiah Stokes. I’m still a Stokes fan, but I’d like to see Kiah play like she had something to prove. I would love to see her have a career year this season.

Reaction Score
Kiah Stokes hamming it up in this sort of roommates of the bubble production, also starring Kia Nurse and Zahui B.

Reaction Score
Media interviews with Kiah Stokes, Zahui, and Joyner Holmes.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Kiah Stokes hamming it up in this sort of roommates of the bubble production, also starring Kia Nurse and Zahui B.

Hilarious. Instead of the Lounge, should be called the Killer Kia's :)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
More immersion.

I am already in love with our "steal of the draft" Jocelyn Willoughby.

This article describes how she has wowed her teammates and coaches alike and her all around game and flexibility sounds alot like Naphessa Collier.

Maybe some hyperbole but here is a sample from Sabrina

“She’s everything you really want in a teammate,” Sabrina Ionescu said on Sunday of Willoughby. “She’s very supportive, always listening. Works very, very hard and is very talented on both sides of the floor, offense, and defense. And so I’ve really enjoyed playing with her. I mean whenever we have an opportunity, I try to pick her to get on my team because she’s just a winner.”

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Pretty devastating news :(:(

The Liberty said Ionescu was still under review by a team of physicians but that doctors believe the injury will not require surgery. A Grade 3 sprain usually requires months to fully heal. For now Ionescu will work to decrease swelling and increase range of motion over the next few days.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Pretty devastating news :(:(

The Liberty said Ionescu was still under review by a team of physicians but that doctors believe the injury will not require surgery. A Grade 3 sprain usually requires months to fully heal. For now Ionescu will work to decrease swelling and increase range of motion over the next few days.

I'd say it is most likely that her rookie season is toast. Rushing it is not worth the risk. A shame for her and the Liberty.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom