New York Football Giants | The Boneyard

New York Football Giants

Reaction Score
I've been a season ticket holder with the Giants for nearly 50 years, since the days of Charlie Conerly, Sam Huff, Andy Robustelli, Frank Gifford, Alex Webster, Kyle Rote, Emlen Tunnell, Pat Summerall, the Roseys Grier and Brown, et al. Over the years, I've been able to improve my seating location several times. Right now I have 4 choice seats in row 13 of section 316, on the sun side of the field.

I want to sell my entire season package to one person this year. That would include the 4 seats, plus on-site parking at MetLife Stadium, for all 10 home games -- two summer pre-season games (vs. Jets and Patriots) and 8 regular season games. Should the Giants make the post-season, there is an opportunity to get the same seats for all home playoff games. And should they get to the Super Bowl, there is an automatic entry into a lottery, where the odds are pretty good. (Of the 4 super bowls the Giants have played in during my subscription, I've had tickets to two of them.) And after a season of your enjoying these seats, we could talk about a transfer of seat licenses.

The price would be just about cost. If you're interested, you can put together a group of people (friends, relatives, co-workers), but I only want to deal with one buyer. If any of my fellow BYers are interested, let me know, and we can communicate further by phone/text/email.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I've been a season ticket holder with the Giants for nearly 50 years, since the days of Charlie Conerly, Sam Huff, Andy Robustelli, Frank Gifford, Alex Webster, Kyle Rote, Emlen Tunnell, Pat Summerall, the Roseys Grier and Brown, et al. Over the years, I've been able to improve my seating location several times. Right now I have 4 choice seats in row 13 of section 316, on the sun side of the field.

I want to sell my entire season package to one person this year. That would include the 4 seats, plus on-site parking at MetLife Stadium, for all 10 home games -- two summer pre-season games (vs. Jets and Patriots) and 8 regular season games. Should the Giants make the post-season, there is an opportunity to get the same seats for all home playoff games. And should they get to the Super Bowl, there is an automatic entry into a lottery, where the odds are pretty good. (Of the 4 super bowls the Giants have played in during my subscription, I've had tickets to two of them.) And after a season of your enjoying these seats, we could talk about a transfer of seat licenses.

The price would be just about cost. If you're interested, you can put together a group of people (friends, relatives, co-workers), but I only want to deal with one buyer. If any of my fellow BYers are interested, let me know, and we can communicate further by phone/text/email.
I loved those teams and as a kid went to both end-of-season Giant - Browns games when Sam Huff went one-on-one with the late GOAT Jimmy Brown and shut him down twice. That said Jimmy Brown was in my eyes the GOAT running back with an average yards per carry of over 5 yards, still the only one in NFL history. RIP.

Reaction Score
I loved those teams and as a kid went to both end-of-season Giant - Browns games when Sam Huff went one-on-one with the late GOAT Jimmy Brown and shut him down twice. That said Jimmy Brown was in my eyes the GOAT running back with an average yards per carry of over 5 yards, still the only one in NFL history. RIP.
Fearless at pounding into the line, but I don't recall him ever being injured. And -- most people don't remember -- he didn't wear hip pads. . . . An in-law of mine is a member of the Lacrosse Hall of Fame in Baltimore. He told me Brown was considered perhaps the greatest lacrosse player of all time. That was actually his favorite sport at Syracuse.

Reaction Score
Fearless at pounding into the line, but I don't recall him ever being injured. And -- most people don't remember -- he didn't wear hip pads. . . . An in-law of mine is a member of the Lacrosse Hall of Fame in Baltimore. He told me Brown was considered perhaps the greatest lacrosse player of all time. That was actually his favorite sport at Syracuse.
I have a great sketch, by my favorite sports reporter/artist/photographer, Robert Riger, of Brown facing off against Sam Huff. (I tried unsuccessfully to attach it here.) It's from Riger's brilliant documentary volume, "Best Plays of the Year" (Prentice-Hall, 1963). Accompanying the sketch is a full-page quotation by Brown, analyzing his running style, headlined "My Philosophy is to Advance the Ball."

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I'm a Giant fan, but neither quite old enough to remember the days of your reminiscence, nor a fan for all that long. Real, serious, fandom came when my wife and I started dating in 1987, though I always rooted for them.

Never had tickets, but a friend of ours did (well, her father, technically). Had them for years, gave them up when he was simply unable to go to games due to age and infirmities (he died last year, in his 80's). My wife and I went to a preseason game against the Jets, around the time that Jim Fassel was the coach. Got to tailgate with her friends. Enjoyed the experience.

Reaction Score
I'm a Giant fan, but neither quite old enough to remember the days of your reminiscence, nor a fan for all that long. Real, serious, fandom came when my wife and I started dating in 1987, though I always rooted for them.

Never had tickets, but a friend of ours did (well, her father, technically). Had them for years, gave them up when he was simply unable to go to games due to age and infirmities (he died last year, in his 80's). My wife and I went to a preseason game against the Jets, around the time that Jim Fassel was the coach. Got to tailgate with her friends. Enjoyed the experience.
I'd offer you either or both of this year's pre-season games (vs. the Jets and Patriots), but that would be a long hike for you from Arizona.

Reaction Score

Do those seats come with a private bathroom?

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I'd offer you either or both of this year's pre-season games (vs. the Jets and Patriots), but that would be a long hike for you from Arizona.
Exactly. Might consider seeing the Giants when they play Arizona out here some year. Just as we are planning on taking my sister-in-law and nephew (celebrating, belatedly due to Covid, her 60th and his 40th) to see the Yankees play out here (probably in California).

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
When I was just old enough I used to bike to the pactices at Fairfield U (I grew up nearby). We used to run into the team at Friendly's very often! I became a Vikings fan as a second team to root for when Tarkington went over. I've been to a number of games at at the stadium in the latter art of the season freezing my a&& off. Tempted to pick up the tickets but will watch from home on my large screen Sony! Good luck!

Reaction Score

Might want to put this on the football board too.

Reaction Score
Exactly. Might consider seeing the Giants when they play Arizona out here some year. Just as we are planning on taking my sister-in-law and nephew (celebrating, belatedly due to Covid, her 60th and his 40th) to see the Yankees play out here (probably in California).
Giants play at Arizona on Sunday afternoon, September 17.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom