New York City street hoops star James ‘Fly’ Williams accused of running Brooklyn heroin ring | The Boneyard

New York City street hoops star James ‘Fly’ Williams accused of running Brooklyn heroin ring

Reaction Score
For those old enough to remember: NYC street hoops star cuffed in Brooklyn heroin ring bust

>>Williams, a skinny 6-foot-5 shooting guard out of James Madison High School in Brownsville, ranks in the pantheon of street ball legends alongside Earl “The Goat” Manigault, Richard “Pee Wee” Kirkland and Joe “The Destroyer” Hammond.<<

WaPo: Street-ball legend Fly Williams accused of running massive heroin-distribution ring in Brooklyn

>>Williams, 64, parlayed his flamboyant New York City playground fame into a scholarship at Austin Peay in Tennessee, where he averaged nearly 30 points per game over his two seasons from 1972 to 1974 and sparked so much interest in the Governors that the school was forced to build a new arena. He also sparked the infamous chant, “The fly is open, let’s go Peay!”<<

Reaction Score
Fly Williams wow a blast from the past medic. He put Austin Peay on the map back then.

He's going to need an array of spectacular moves to get out of this!

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Tell you what.

I guarantee Fly was OG and running legit Heroin, and not killing off everyone by substituting Fentanyl and other RC's and passing it off as Heroin.

Reaction Score
He's before my time, but wasn't he on that ridiculous ABA team with Marvin Barnes that they did a 30 for 30 for?

Reaction Score

Thanks really fun read for sure. Connie Hawkins, always one of my favorites growing up especially after reading his book. The fans rally got screwed by waiting so long before letting him play in the NBA.

The other stores are amazing and many so tragic. Tragic in not only the drugs they fell victim to but how hard it was for them to transition out of their neighborhoods and show the world who they were. Reality is it's gotten better but I bet it's still the farthest thing from good in any way. Many kids who could have a future somewhere in basketball still falling to these same patterns.

Reaction Score
"JOHN Shaft? That cat is a cool Mutha, shut yo mouth.
I actually brought me a brown leather coat, and was jaywalking through moving traffic in NYC like a mutha.

Here's the original opening scene:

Reaction Score
Tell you what.

I guarantee Fly was OG and running legit Heroin, and not killing off everyone by substituting Fentanyl and other RC's and passing it off as Heroin.
Yeah I didn't know about that one.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom