NEW VOICE? | The Boneyard

NEW VOICE?

Reaction Score
Who ya got. Who will be the next voice of the Huskies. Somebody has to be it. Bobby red pants. Nah. Orlovsky. Na. Someone from WHUS?? Any good names with a great voice.

Reaction Score
I'd hire him in a heartbeat. Too bad Gorilla Monsoon is not around for color analyst.

Reaction Score
Hear Donny decided to use his color commentating gig with FS1 to ban himself from Bloomington over the Hoosiers stripped pants - yes he actually used the telestraitor to "X" out fans wearing the pants.. So maybe he's looking for a way back into UConn colors. Or maybe Andy Katz as color guy? Hasn't Lobo done some game calling in the past?

As for play by play, Joe D has got to make the switch, anything else would be a step down.

Reaction Score
I assume the voices will mostly be the same. WTIC doesn't have any use for Joe D and vice versa. Same with everyone else. Might as well leave.

Reaction Score
Hear Donny decided to use his color commentating gig with FS1 to ban himself from Bloomington over the Hoosiers stripped pants - yes he actually used the telestraitor to "X" out fans wearing the pants.. So maybe he's looking for a way back into UConn colors. Or maybe Andy Katz as color guy? Hasn't Lobo done some game calling in the past?

As for play by play, Joe D has got to make the switch, anything else would be a step down.
Any former UConn player who announces our games would be fired well before the season ended. Censorship of curse words is a mighty sword in the media.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Morgan Freeman.

(The first half would be over before he even got through the line ups, but everyone would still be deeply moved)

C

Chief00

Obviously Chief, quite frankly.

If I was the broadcaster this season, I would have come across much more negative than I would want to.
Besides, who would do Chief’s Briefs? I do think it’s time for a change in the broadcast booth.

Reaction Score
If I was the broadcaster this season, I would have come across much more negative than I would want to.
Besides, who would do Chief’s Briefs? I do think it’s time for a change in the broadcast booth.

And a change of gimmick.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I can't remember the guys name, but a former QB for Rutgers was broadcasting a football game on the radio as they went to break you hear mumble "oh my god this is just horrible to watch" Mrs. 82 and I knew him in passing and got a chance to talk to him about it. His comment was "was I wrong?"

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I can't remember the guys name, but a former QB for Rutgers was broadcasting a football game on the radio as they went to break you hear mumble "oh my god this is just horrible to watch" Mrs. 82 and I knew him in passing and got a chance to talk to him about it. His comment was "was I wrong?"

Reminds me of the olden days when we had a giant satellite dish. Sometimes when you got the raw network feeds on those dishes you got the complete game but no commercials, and sometimes the mikes were kept live during the breaks. One time Vin Scully was announcing a 0-0 WS game in the late innings, maybe the 8th, and during the commercial break you heard him tell his broadcast partner, "This is the most boring game I've ever seen. I can't wait to get outta here!"

Reaction Score
What's Chris Berman been up to these days? Maybe he can take the Jim Calhoun approach, take this gig in retirement.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Donny Marshall is an excellent bball analyst. Let him do a Vin Scully and play by play and analyst.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom