New Voepel Article on Tonight's Game | The Boneyard

New Voepel Article on Tonight's Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This year? They've played one game. They have two starters from last year, one who played in the National Championship game, a senior guard who dealt with an IT band issue and didn't play much, a junior center who tore ligaments in her thumb and who never quite caught up and three freshmen. If they lose tonight, it's not the end of the world. Geno, CD, Shea and Marisa will have them ready by tournament time. That's what counts.

Reaction Score
This year? They've played one game. They have two starters from last year, one who started in the NC game, another who played in the NC game, a guard who didn't play much because of an IT band injury, a center who tore ligaments in her thumb and never caught up and three freshmen. If they lose tonight, it won't be the end of the world. Geno, CD, Shea and Marisa will have the team ready for the tournament. That's what counts.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Want to know how good UConn is? Try watching somebody else. I've been watching Iowa versus North Dakota. Both teams are playing very hard, but hard and smart aren't even second cousins in this error-fest. A dozen (at least) layups missed by each team.

And here's the point. These are decent, if unspectacular programs. But compared to our faves, they appear to be as under-prepared club teams. We expect so much of our kids, and not without results that fuel the fire. But perspective is a blessing here. We can't and won't win them all.

Reaction Score
This year? They've played one game. They have two starters from last year, one who started in the NC game, another who played in the NC game, a guard who didn't play much because of an IT band injury, a center who tore ligaments in her thumb and never caught up and three freshmen. If they lose tonight, it won't be the end of the world. Geno, CD, Shea and Marisa will have the team ready for the tournament. That's what counts.

Of course it will be
upload_2016-11-17_18-7-58.png

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
That didn't tell us much we don't know. Unless uconn can find a way of getting 4 players (nice if 5) into the scoring, and rebound a bit--and play tougher D than they have this year--it could be a longer night than anticipated.
your score prediction says otherwise....

Reaction Score
your score prediction says otherwise....
Coco ---I said IF IF IF===and they did just as I said--and they WON!!
Frankly, my expectations were not great---but I see no value in going into a game expecting to lose--I would find it difficult to watch.
I just read the courant about Dangerfield--Geno says she is games ahead of Moriah was at the same point--I love Moriah to me the best point guard at Uconn--I think Crystals POTENTIAL is high--and Uconn won't win the big ones without her, Collier, KLS, Butler, Gabby all playing their A games.
I just watch what YOU post and follow suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom