New UConn Podcast | The Boneyard

New UConn Podcast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
ADimeBack.com has started a new UConn Podcast. This week they talk about the UCF game, the emergence of Amida Brimah and Kevin Ollie’s coaching job.

Listening now and its pretty good.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Ehhh... their analysis is somewhat lacking but I guess its better than nothing, right?

I dont understand how you forget about a guy like Drummond. Yes, UConn is not used to having one-and-dones, but the guy is going to be an all-star for many years and I can't remember a recruit with more posts on this board prior to his commitment.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
Poor Craig Austrie

I agree. That kid would never have played at UConn if it were not for Laptop Gate. He came in and played solid enough for the first half of the 05-06 season. I don't remember him ever being as bad as they made him out to be. He was basically a glue guy for 4 seasons. I tried to bring up the point on twitter and the girl Meghan Bard said he was extremely frustrating because of all the bone headed plays he made. I always felt he was a bit behind athletically and skill wise, but I dont remember him making dumb plays. Is it just me?

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I agree. That kid would never have played at UConn if it were not for Laptop Gate. He came in and played solid enough for the first half of the 05-06 season. I don't remember him ever being as bad as they made him out to be. He was basically a glue guy for 4 seasons. I tried to bring up the point on twitter and the girl Meghan Bard said he was extremely frustrating because of all the bone headed plays he made. I always felt he was a bit behind athletically and skill wise, but I dont remember him making dumb plays. Is it just me?
Agree I always remember him coming in the game to calm things down. And the one time he took command was against USF in 08' and he hit that game winning shot.

Reaction Score

I agree. If anything I always remember CA as being really steady, not doing anything to0 fancy, and being a solid 3 point shooter. He averaged 26 min on the 09' final four team.

Reaction Score
Yeah, pretty hard to bust on a guy who came in freshmen year and started the first 11 games for that 05/06 year after Marcus Williams & AJ Price were sitting out.

Also, this shot:

Reaction Score
i think there are worse players in Uconn history than a guy that was always a solid ball handler, was an excellent free throw shooter and had no drama or off the court issues. I may be biased since I watched him play all through high-school but the kid seemed like he was the only one with a level head surrounded by guys that only had eyes for playing professionally

Last edited:

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
Here are some career stats on Mr. Austrie

131 GP (T-10th all time)
20.9 MPG
82.3 FT% (5th all time)
2.26 A/T ratio
780 Pts

He is basically the type of player you need on the bench to have a good team. Never flashy but always solid.

Reaction Score
Yeah, pretty hard to bust on a guy who came in freshmen year and started the first 11 games for that 05/06 year after Marcus Williams & AJ Price were sitting out.

Also, this shot:

I was at that game. I believe there were more UConn fans there than South Florida fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom