New transfer rule eliminates permission-to-contact process. | The Boneyard

New transfer rule eliminates permission-to-contact process.

Reaction Score
New transfer rule eliminates permission-to-contact process

>>Beginning in October, Division I student-athletes will have the ability to transfer to a different school and receive a scholarship without asking their current school for permission.

The Division I Council adopted a proposal this week that creates a new “notification-of-transfer” model. This new system allows a student to inform his or her current school of a desire to transfer, then requires that school to enter the student’s name into a national transfer database within two business days. Once the student-athlete’s name is in the database, other coaches are free to contact that individual.<<

Reaction Score
I didnt read the article, but does this mean kids are free to transfer to schools within their conference as well?

Reaction Score
I didnt read the article, but does this mean kids are free to transfer to schools within their conference as well?

>>“Conferences, however, still can make rules that are more restrictive than the national rule.”<<

Reaction Score
Remarkable that it took this long to change something so obvious and problematic.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Here's the money language:

Another financial aid element, autonomy legislation that governs when a school can reduce or cancel aid, may be adjusted next week by the autonomy conferences. Currently, a student’s notification of intent to transfer at the end of a term is not one of the listed reasons a school can use to cancel aid. The autonomy conferences will consider, by an electronic vote, two different proposals to allow schools to cancel the aid.

Am I reading that correctly? The P5 may ended up voting to sanction the transferring student athlete? That would result in a world where the its easy for them to pick up a G5 kind but more risky for their athletes to transfer out.

Perfect.

Reaction Score
The money football conferences will still find a way to take control of this .....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom