New Tourney Location? | The Boneyard

New Tourney Location?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
@DanWolken: Regarding Thamel's Tweet about Conference X tourney, Big East folks had told me soon after split FedExForum would likely host in near future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
If the FedEx forum is a serious option then i submit my living room had better have a somewhere between 80-90% chance of hosting the tournament.

Reaction Score
So UConn would go from being about a two hour drive from its conference tournament to now being the team that is farthest away. (I didn't actually check the mileage, but you get the point.)
Oy.

Reaction Score
@DanWolken: Regarding Thamel's Tweet about Conference X tourney, Big East folks had told me soon after split FedExForum would likely host in near future

Pete Thamel (@SIPeteThamel)
2/28/13, 9:35 PM
Expect Memphis as the frontrunner location for the conference tournament of the Artist Formerly Known as the Big East.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Well sure, why play at the mecca of college basketball when Memphis is available. Goodbye Big Apple, hello River City.
Memphis_skyline.jpg

tumblr_lvsodfwuyR1r6y2h0o1_400.jpg

Reaction Score
For travel reasons it makes sense to have the tournament near the center of the conference. Hartford is in the nether regions of conference X.

Reaction Score
Honestly, they should put it in Hawaii or the Bahamas.

That's the only way I'd consider going to that s**tshow.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Memphis' former home court is currently a gigantic Bass Pro Shops.

I'm not even kidding. The Memphis Pyramid is a Bass Pro Shops.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
So what is the general consensus?

B1G/ACC will rotate MSG and Catholic 7 get Brooklyn?

Reaction Score
Booo Hooo..... Boo hooo..whoa is me.. what a bunch of whiney little b*tches. "Memphis's old gym is a bait and tackle shop". "We can't step out side of our door and hop a train and by the time we're done reading the paper be magically just outside of MSG". ' "We might actually have to travel to away games that are just as far away from each other as Washington and USC" BOOOOO HOOOOO!!

People have been making sacrifices for the sake of the team for damn near a century or more. Time to pay your dues. You want to be one of the big boys....earn it!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Booo Hooo..... Boo hooo..whoa is me.. what a bunch of whiney little b*tches. "Memphis's old gym is a bait and tackle shop". "We can't step out side of our door and hop a train and by the time we're done reading the paper be magically just outside of MSG". ' "We might actually have to travel to away games that are just as far away from each other as Washington and USC" BOOOOO HOOOOO!!

People have been making sacrifices for the sake of the team for damn near a century or more. Time to pay your dues. You want to be one of the big boys....earn it!

Good news Aresco. Weyuo is in for four courtside in Memphis - send his invoice for flights with two layovers and his third row seats.

Reaction Score

What the are you talking about? We already paid the dues we are the big boys and we shouldn't have to play our conference tournament in memphis against nobodies.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Hartford can bid on both tourneys to be held the same weekend

4 girls games on Wednesday, 4 guys game on Thursday, The four Semifinals on Friday. Both Finals on Saturday. $100 ticket for all the games.

Sent from my Lumia 920 via Windows 8. Now bite me Apple Droids.

Reaction Score
I used to go to Memphis for work. Not sure how it is now but was very easy to fly in and out of. Much easier than most places we go.

Reaction Score

Never heard of it.

Reaction Score
I spent 3 of my 4 spring breaks at MSG, beginning in 2004. Sucks that future students cannot experience the same atmosphere.

Reaction Score
This whole thing is such a clusterfu** for UConn that it's hard to think about it from any other perspective. But the death of the Big East tournament, no matter who plays at the Garden, is an awful thing for northeastern college basketball. Someone else might play at the Garden, but it will not be even close to the show we've had for the last thirty years. And that is very sad in its own right.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I used to go to Memphis for work. Not sure how it is now but was very easy to fly in and out of. Much easier than most places we go.

Which is why FedEx is there.

Reaction Score
Can't we just have it Detroit? We really couldn't find a more dystopian sihthole to host this thing in?

ElGuapo

What does that mean, in-famous?
Reaction Score
The Championship game will be on a Tuesday night in this new conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom