OT: New songs | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: New songs

Gutter King

Let me drop a deduce on ya
Reaction Score
I agree. He needs to find a new vein to mine.

Did you see him when he played Arch St. in Hartford in 2012 and 2013? That was pretty awesome.

I'm from Mpls, so I didn't catch those shows...but when they get a full show (i.e not split w/ Father John Misty, festivals, etc) they are amazing.

Co-Lead guitar Sadler Vaden just released an album, if you are feeling 90s nostalgia check out Modern Times.

Isbell dropped the third single today, Only Children. I was becoming pessimistic about this album the way the first two songs were trending (overly preachy, generally generic). This one landed big time for me.

Reaction Score
Totally agree on the Isbell new single(s) and looking forward to that new album.
Enjoying the documentaries and classic albums on Amazon Prime as there is a good assortment with great footage.
Good to hear Dylan lyrics again in Murder Most Foul
Peter Jackson's Get Back Beatles flick looks to be interesting in Sept.

Reaction Score
I've been listening to the new Ice Nine Kills and Grayscale albums lately. Obviously nobody knows them so I'll move on now
Almost sounds metal. What are they like?

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
Trey Anastasio has dropped a bunch of new songs during the pandemic. The new Dylan is worth a listen too.

Reaction Score
What is everyone listening to lately? These are some newer songs that I like.
Colors by Black Puma
Bad Decisions by The Strokes
Hero by Michael Kiwanuka
So Caught Up by The Teskey Brothers
Shine A Little Light by The Black Keys
Peach Fuzz by Campp
Might Be Right by White Reaper
Black Madonna by Cage the Elephant
Makes Me Wanna Die by White Reaper is on my song list!

Reaction Score
Luckily, in Chicago we have a great radio station WXRT. They play songs from 1964 to 2020. I know people hate commercials but this is one of the few stations that mixes rock genres together without focusing on one era. It is available on Radio.com

I have a couple more Songs
Shangri-La by EOB(Radiohead guy)
Wreckless Abandon by The Dirty Knobs(Tom Petty's guitarist)
Thanks for the suggestions I'll be checking them out.
Mike Campbell, now with Fleetwood Mac, was Tom Petty’s lead guitarist. Is he the guy?

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Mike Campbell, now with Fleetwood Mac, was Tom Petty’s lead guitarist. Is he the guy?
Yes, The Dirty Knobs has been a side project for him. They postponed an album release and tour partly because Campbell was sick and mostly because of Covid. He is not sick with Covid, btw.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Be Afraid by Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit.
I think this is a good song, on par with Hope the High Road as a relatively safe lead single.
Isbell dropped the third single today, Only Children. I was becoming pessimistic about this album the way the first two songs were trending (overly preachy, generally generic). This one landed big time for me.
Totally agree on the Isbell new single(s) and looking forward to that new album.
Enjoy, fellow Isbell (and Amanda ;)) fans. Great cover of "Wish You Were Here" around the 36:00 mark:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
On Sirius my go-to's are 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's and the different Classic Rock stations. Funny if I watch the Voice or any of those shows with my wife and she says "...don't you love this song" I just say "never heard it". She always argues with the fact that's it's always on now so I've had to. Not on those stations mentioned.

I don't know any new songs :D

Same. I add “The Bridge” and “1st Wave” and subtract 90s. I started trying “Pop Rocks”, which gives me 90s and 00s rock. In the case on the 2000s it’s like listening to new songs for me. I’m too cheap to spring for the package that includes Radio Margaritavile.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I don't need new music, because I prefer listening to the...

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score

Old stuff from a now defunct band.

Baby you're a Rich Man cover. And, for those discerning enough....that's Bobby Read. For those not discerning enough....nevermind.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Be Afraid by Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit.

Good read from the NYT re the new album. Anyone give it a listen yet? I have not but will probably pick it up over the weekend:

Gutter King

Reaction Score
Good read from the NYT re the new album. Anyone give it a listen yet? I have not but will probably pick it up over the weekend:

He's done a pretty extensive media round for this release...I think the Variety piece had the most insight into his genius/way of thinking. They've all had some really interesting nuggets.

The album is great, I preordered the orange variant and a standard copy but my local shop has had problems getting them out. So I heard the remaining songs for the first time last night. The album gets an 8.5/10 and I'd place it tied with SMTF behind Southeastern.

1st blush songs ranked:

Overseas (Instant Classic I'm blown away by the guitar work)
Only Children
Dreamsicle
River
Running With Our Eyes Closed
It Gets Easier
St. Peters Autograph
Be Afraid
What Have I Done To Help
Letting You Go

The album feels like it will age very well. Should win a Grammy and Overseas has the potential to go big.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Any Lettuce fans out there? Their new album Resonate is excellent.

Reaction Score
He's done a pretty extensive media round for this release...I think the Variety piece had the most insight into his genius/way of thinking. They've all had some really interesting nuggets.

The album is great, I preordered the orange variant and a standard copy but my local shop has had problems getting them out. So I heard the remaining songs for the first time last night. The album gets an 8.5/10 and I'd place it tied with SMTF behind Southeastern.

1st blush songs ranked:

Overseas (Instant Classic I'm blown away by the guitar work)
Only Children
Dreamsicle
River
Running With Our Eyes Closed
It Gets Easier
St. Peters Autograph
Be Afraid
What Have I Done To Help
Letting You Go

The album feels like it will age very well. Should win a Grammy and Overseas has the potential to go big.

Live Stream tonight at 8

Jason Isbell will officially release his new album, Reunions, on Friday with a live performance from the Brooklyn Bowl in Nashville. The show, an acoustic livestream concert, will air free via fans.com at 8 p.m ET. Viewers are encouraged to make a donation in support of both Isbell’s crew and the MusiCares COVID-19 Relief Fund.

Gutter King

Reaction Score
Live Stream tonight at 8

Jason Isbell will officially release his new album, Reunions, on Friday with a live performance from the Brooklyn Bowl in Nashville. The show, an acoustic livestream concert, will air free via fans.com at 8 p.m ET. Viewers are encouraged to make a donation in support of both Isbell’s crew and the MusiCares COVID-19 Relief Fund.

Im in there now on the Zoom feed. Im just waiting for something weird to happen on one of these folks cams haha

Reaction Score
I only listen to live tracks on Apple Music, all genres. Recently learned to appreciate country music after ignoring it for decades. Attached is a cut from Luke Combs about this Covid world. Hope I linked it properly...Dude is a talent.

Reaction Score
Isbell has to be the best out there now. The gig was quite a treat.
The acoustic version of Only Children at 16:20 is first rate on the replay at YouTube

Reaction Score
Been following this young lady from Memphis for the last three years or so....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom