OT: New songs | The Boneyard

OT: New songs

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
What is everyone listening to lately? These are some newer songs that I like.
Colors by Black Puma
Bad Decisions by The Strokes
Hero by Michael Kiwanuka
So Caught Up by The Teskey Brothers
Shine A Little Light by The Black Keys
Peach Fuzz by Campp
Might Be Right by White Reaper
Black Madonna by Cage the Elephant

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I don’t know what’s on the radio. Been in my car 2x in 3 weeks

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
If that stuff is your jam I recommend Cosmic Thrill Seekers (album) from Prince Daddy and the Hyena. Terrible name I know but worth your listen

Reaction Score
Half Moon by Blind Pilot
Barely Breathing by Duncan Sheik
Seminole Wind by John Anderson
Puppet String by Umphrey's McGee

Reaction Score
On Sirius my go-to's are 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's and the different Classic Rock stations. Funny if I watch the Voice or any of those shows with my wife and she says "...don't you love this song" I just say "never heard it". She always argues with the fact that's it's always on now so I've had to. Not on those stations mentioned.

I don't know any new songs :D

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Luckily, in Chicago we have a great radio station WXRT. They play songs from 1964 to 2020. I know people hate commercials but this is one of the few stations that mixes rock genres together without focusing on one era. It is available on Radio.com

I have a couple more Songs
Shangri-La by EOB(Radiohead guy)
Wreckless Abandon by The Dirty Knobs(Tom Petty's guitarist)
Thanks for the suggestions I'll be checking them out.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
On Sirius my go-to's are 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's and the different Classic Rock stations. Funny if I watch the Voice or any of those shows with my wife and she says "...don't you love this song" I just say "never heard it". She always argues with the fact that's it's always on now so I've had to. Not on those stations mentioned.

I don't know any new songs :D

Can't stand "The Voice" or any of its ilk. I do probably listen to as much 00s-10s as 70s since I've grown out of most of the 70s pomposity. But finding new stuff worth second and third listens is getting tough. Nathaniel Rateliff and Gary Clark Jr make the cut.

But one of my go-to Pandora stations recently started adding in a few INXS songs, and while I kinda/sorta liked them back in the 80s/90s I'm gaining more appreciation just how good they really were, so its new to me in that regard.

Reaction Score
I've been listening to the new Ice Nine Kills and Grayscale albums lately. Obviously nobody knows them so I'll move on now

Reaction Score
Can't stand "The Voice" or any of its ilk. I do probably listen to as much 00s-10s as 70s since I've grown out of most of the 70s pomposity. But finding new stuff worth second and third listens is getting tough. Nathaniel Rateliff and Gary Clark Jr make the cut.

But one of my go-to Pandora stations recently started adding in a few INXS songs, and while I kinda/sorta liked them back in the 80s/90s I'm gaining more appreciation just how good they really were, so its new to me in that regard.
Grown out of most of the 70's pomposity?

INXS was excellent.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Grown out of most of the 70's pomposity?

INXS was excellent.

Yep. A whole lot of classic rock staples: Boston, Kansas, Supertramp, Styx, Rush, Yes... the list goes on and on. I'll still listen to stuff from like 70-72 like Faces and Zep and MTB and the punk/pre-punk and funk of late 70s, but most of what was in the middle that I listened to endlessly whlie at UConn is dreck to me now (although twas also Springsteen's best period).

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Tame Impala, The Weeknd and Roddy Ricch.

Reaction Score
Yep. A whole lot of classic rock staples: Boston, Kansas, Supertramp, Styx, Rush, Yes... the list goes on and on. I'll still listen to stuff from like 70-72 like Faces and Zep and MTB and the punk/pre-punk and funk of late 70s, but most of what was in the middle that I listened to endlessly whlie at UConn is dreck to me now (although twas also Springsteen's best period).
Well yeah if you're listening to Boston, Kansas, Styx, and Supertramp that's your fault/problem.

The 70's were unreal for music.

Reaction Score
Tame Impala is still getting a lot of play for me. The new Grimes album Miss Anthropocene is too, although it's not quite as strong as her last album Art Angels.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Sirius XM is on JamOn, Dead Channel or Deep Cuts but mostly I'm on NugsNet or Spotify
Sorry - can't help with much on main stream radio - or mainstream media for that matter

Reaction Score
I've been out of the musical loop as well. Just writing because my brother and I were talking and we both kind of predicted a giant number of new albums will come out at the end of year since many artists are stuck home, unable to tour and probably be doing a bunch of writing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom