New scholarship available at Baylor | The Boneyard

New scholarship available at Baylor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Baylor Woman's Basketball Player Dismissed

She was the lowest rated of Baylor's 2015 class at consensus #95, and probably would've been deep on the bench.

Baylor will now have 13 for this year, including 4 seniors I believing - leaving 6 scholarships for next year.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Well there is one post player. I have been skeptical how Mulkey is going to keep all those interior players happy.

Reaction Score
Well there is one post player. I have been skeptical how Mulkey is going to keep all those interior players happy.

Things will indeed be crowded this year, but it clears up the following year, with just 4 forwards/posts.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Well gol dang Kim, time to look at the JC's for another forward. I'm betting after next year Mompremier heads for the door. Especially after the 2016-17 team crashes and burns in the quarterfinals. Jones and Prince were RS's last year, so whether they leave or not is up in the air.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Well gol dang Kim, time to look at the JC's for another forward. I'm betting after next year Mompremier heads for the door. Especially after the 2016-17 team crashes and burns in the quarterfinals. Jones and Prince were RS's last year, so whether they leave or not is up in the air.

"Up in the air" based on whose feedbackack. That is nothing more than the thinking of one person: you.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Always sad to see a player violate team rules and blow an opportunity to play for a top program at an excellent academic university. JBS and Dry have basically been attached at the hip so it will be interesting to see if Dry chooses to stay or go.

JordyG

Reaction Score
"Up in the air" based on whose feedbackack. That is nothing more than the thinking of one person: you.
So they're leaving? Any quotes from them or not?

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Always sad to see a player violate team rules and blow an opportunity to play for a top program at an excellent academic university. JBS and Dry have basically been attached at the hip so it will be interesting to see if Dry chooses to stay or go.

Assuming JBS did violate team rules, as reported, and Dry is living on the clean side of the fault line, so to speak, why would she follow her buddy out of Waco? Granted she's at the bottom of the list in all statistical categories and don't see that getting any better with Natalie Chou walking in the door. As you say, we'll see....things to ponder during perhaps the slowest sports week in the summer. BTW, Baylor moves fast...JBS is removed from the roster page already. Thanks for any insights/updates in advance.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Whatever violation she committed, it must have been heinous. After all, a Baylor player can punch an opponent in the face and not even get a one-game suspension by the school . . .

skilz

Final Four Bound!
Reaction Score
Southie - a punch in the face did create a 1 game suspension from the NCAA and Baylor added 1 game. Not sure why you think there was not a consequence. Obviously, Justis did something much worse.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score

They are going to be crazy deep next year inside. They'll have:
Nina Davis, 5-11, power forward, SR
Kalani Brown, 6-7, center, SO
Beatrice Mompremier, 6-4, center, SO
Lauren Cox, 6-4, power forward, FR
Dekeiya Cohen, 6-2, power forward, JR
Khadijah Cave, 6-3, power forward, SR

They could opt for a triple post lineup and have Dave more on the perimeter, but she really excels as a 4. My guess for playing time in important games is:
Mompremier-20 mpg at center
Cox-20 mpg at PF
Davis-20 mpg at PF, 10 at SF
Brown-15 mpg at center
Cave-5 mpg at center, or doesn't play.

Jones, Prince and Wallace likely man most of the perimeter duties. They have great depth in the post, but I think one of Mompremier/Brown will take a backseat and may look to leave after this year. All are really good players. Even Cave who will likely see limited minutes is a very good post player and would be a starter at most other top 25 programs.

JordyG

Reaction Score
This is a BAYLOR education. OUR RS seniors come back.
So when one poster states they're leaving and I say that fact is up in the air you challenge my statement and not his? Can't wait until Mulkey blows another quaterfinals next year with her questionable coaching and sideline antics.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
So when one poster states they're leaving and I say that fact is up in the air you challenge my statement and not his? Can't wait until Mulkey blows another quaterfinals next year with her questionable coaching and sideline antics.

She can always fall back on her budding career as a runway model.

Last edited:

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Whatever violation she committed, it must have been heinous. After all, a Baylor player can punch an opponent in the face and not even get a one-game suspension by the school . . .

You know who got punched? UT...by Baylor in every game they played last season.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

You are assuming that I see everyone's posts. I don't...by choice.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Was just on the Texas board reading about this. They had some pretty funny comments.
Southie - a punch in the face did create a 1 game suspension from the NCAA and Baylor added 1 game. Not sure why you think there was not a consequence. Obviously, Justis did something much worse.
Two punches to the face?

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Wow! An entire one game suspension for assault. Mulkey is definitely laying down the law. Guess it's more than the football coach disciplined some of his players who also broke the law.

So, Justis is dismissed from team; not sure if that also means she has been kicked out of Baylor University entirely or not. If she did break the law (shoplifting, theft, hit and run, drugs, etc.), it could be public record. Is she didn't break the law, we'll never know. Perhaps it was some sort of curfew violation, or some sort of academic honor code impropriety (for which she would have been kicked out of Baylor entirely). Doubt it's a violation of Baylor's religious code of conduct based on past player relationships.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Wow! An entire one game suspension for assault. Mulkey is definitely laying down the law. Guess it's more than the football coach disciplined some of his players who also broke the law.

So, Justis is dismissed from team; not sure if that also means she has been kicked out of Baylor University entirely or not. If she did break the law (shoplifting, theft, hit and run, drugs, etc.), it could be public record. Is she didn't break the law, we'll never know. Perhaps it was some sort of curfew violation, or some sort of academic honor code impropriety (for which she would have been kicked out of Baylor entirely). Doubt it's a violation of Baylor's religious code of conduct based on past player relationships.

We do know that it was not an academic issue as she was recently named as a member of the 2015-16 Academic All -Big 12 Rookie Team, along with Dry and Mompremier, so she was a good student-athlete.

Baylor will never discuss the specifics of her release from the team, nor will Mulkey. Mulkey has released players in the past and has always remained tight-lipped about the reasons.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Was just on the Texas board reading about this. They had some pretty funny comments.

Two punches to the face?

We Texans are funny people, even those from UT. Wait, Aggies are not funny.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Are you talking about the Griner thing? She was wrong to hit her but that kid did everything except harvest BG's organs. Put some blame on her and more on the refs for not controlling the game.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I may joke about UT, but I respect what Aston is doing there and her success makes the Big 12 season much more enjoyable. She is helping to keep talent in-state and that can only help.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Are you talking about the Griner thing? She was wrong to hit her but that kid did everything except harvest BG's organs. Put some blame on her and more on the refs for not controlling the game.

Well said. Anyone who watched that game knows that Barncastle mugged BG the entire game and the refs let it continue. I also blame Curry for sending her players out to "get rough" with BG. There was a lot of blame to go around that night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom