New roster and schedule? | The Boneyard

New roster and schedule?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Maybe you should change your subject to ask a question of when it will be done.... as it reads it makes it sound like the new information is up.
Also usually it takes a few weeks into the school year for them to update it.

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
I checked the news release archive. Last year, it was Sept 2. Year before, August 28. August 28 again. September 6. August 31. September 17 in 2010. September 9 in 2009.

So, it's been both earlier and later.

Reaction Score
Thanks Wally... Now I am curious as to when the actual school year started in each of those seasons.... as I do believe that has something to do with it....

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I think the subject and title are just fine, thanks for the input though. And you're wrong, it never takes this long.
The title is misleading, imo.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I checked the news release archive. Last year, it was Sept 2. Year before, August 28. August 28 again. September 6. August 31. September 17 in 2010. September 9 in 2009.

So, it's been both earlier and later.
Thanks for the info. Based on your dates, I expect updates within a week or so.

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
Thanks Wally... Now I am curious as to when the actual school year started in each of those seasons.... as I do believe that has something to do with it....

classes start dates
2016: Aug 29
2015: Aug 31
2014: Aug 25
2013: Aug 26

Since 2010 (and possibly earlier), it's been the Monday before Labor Day.

It would appear that class start dates is not a determining factor.

Reaction Score
Could there be somebody on the roster that we are not aware of................kind of doubt that

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Could there be somebody on the roster that we are not aware of......kind of doubt that
wants to make sure the heights are correct

a-ruler-for-windows-6.jpg

Reaction Score
wants to make sure the heights are correct

that could be it...........Crystal has grown 1/4" this summer............based on my calculations she will now average .oo3 more rebounds per game..................on the other hand Butler has lost 1/4 inch due to wearing different sneakers so her rebounding numbers may suffer

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I think the subject and title are just fine, thanks for the input though. And you're wrong, it never takes this long.

An observation from someone on the outside looking in.....................I'm afraid I'll have to agree with 01Neaggrad02. I've written several posts that did read the way I intended it to be. I got called out on it.
I knew what I was trying to say, but after re-reading it, I saw how it could be perceived differently. Readers don't know what we mean, unless we write it so there is absolutely no way it can be misconstrued. Those instances made me more acutely aware of what I was writing, and how it would be read. I've also learned that when a poster makes a comment on my writing, not to take it personally. I've become a much better writer since joining the boneyard, and writing/posting comments on a regular basis.

I realize you are comfortable with the way you wrote your subject line, but you must also be aware of the way it's read and perceived by others. I read it the same way 01Neaggrad02 did. The mod adding a question mark at the end made it read completely different.

YOU know what you were trying to say when you wrote it, but it was not perceived by others that way they we read it. Write whatever way you're wish, but be prepared to be challenged by readers if/when they have a problem with your choice of delivery.

Reaction Score
Nice! I thought AZ would wear 23 since 11 was taken and 30 would have called for a lot of comparisons to TBS. I see she's listed as a 6'6 guard/forward, I image she'll play all over the court starting in 17-18

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
So, by position, we have (in alphabetical order in each category):

Guards: Bent, Chong, Dangerfield, Lawlor, Nurse
Bigs: Butler, (Camara), Collier, Irwin, (Stevens) -- parenthesis denote that they are inactive in 2016-17
Swingers: Samuelson, Williams

From this, I would conclude that there is no depth problem at all in the backcourt.

There is a problem with depth in the front court, with only three eligible players for two positions (the 5 and the 4). If there is foul trouble or even a minor injury, this could be a problem.

It's a good thing that UConn has the "swingers", and that they are versatile. But I think we can predict that both Lou and Gabby will be required to play outside their comfort zone quite a bit this year. Lou may not like to play in the paint, but there will be games when she will have to do it. Gabby may not like to defend players that are 5 or 6 inches taller than she is, but sometimes she will have to do that.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
An observation from someone on the outside looking in......I'm afraid I'll have to agree with 01Neaggrad02. I've written several posts that did read the way I intended it to be. I got called out on it.
I knew what I was trying to say, but after re-reading it, I saw how it could be perceived differently. Readers don't know what we mean, unless we write it so there is absolutely no way it can be misconstrued. Those instances made me more acutely aware of what I was writing, and how it would be read. I've also learned that when a poster makes a comment on my writing, not to take it personally. I've become a much better writer since joining the boneyard, and writing/posting comments on a regular basis.

I realize you are comfortable with the way you wrote your subject line, but you must also be aware of the way it's read and perceived by others. I read it the same way 01Neaggrad02 did. The mod adding a question mark at the end made it read completely different.

YOU know what you were trying to say when you wrote it, but it was not perceived by others that way they we read it. Write whatever way you're wish, but be prepared to be challenged by readers if/when they have a problem with your choice of delivery.

Correction................I need a mulligan on this post. I failed to properly proof read this comment before I hit send. I usually do a better job than this. My wife was rushing me to leave to run some errands. I did not give this post the attention it deserved. Normally, I proof read my comments several times before I press send. I mentioned how my writing has improved since I been here. You could not tell that by the number of grammatical errors and omissions that were made. I'm aware of all the errors made. I'll try to do better next time.Corrected version below.

Your humble seer, Carnac.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro