New Recruit - Daniel Oak, Fort Meyers, FL | The Boneyard

New Recruit - Daniel Oak, Fort Meyers, FL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He was 7A second team with a 4.9 GPA and no real offers. Florida has too much talent.

Welcome to Uconn!!

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
They seem to have connections in the Naples Florida area as all of these late recruits come from there.

Reaction Score
Its great that we are now recruiting Naples/Ft Myers. There is a lot of talent there and much of it ends up at smaller football schools than UConn. If anyone on the board has the staffs ear, tell them to give Wesley Docsol at Immokalee
High School a call. He's another under recruited beast. I think he has an offer from Miss St but not much else. 6'3" 300.

Reaction Score
They seem to have connections in the Naples Florida area as all of these late recruits come from there.
The Florida exception being Crozier, who schooled on the east coast in Ft. Lauderdale. Both areas seem like very fertile grounds to be recruiting in. Glad were getting the pipelines going THIS season so it will easier for more to flow through in the future!

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Welcome to the Dog Pound, Daniel!!!

Reaction Score
Welcome to Connecticut, Daniel. Now, Daniel, be like the Charter Oak and protect - not the Charter - but Casey, our QB. :)

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Now, Daniel, be like the Charter Oak and protect - not the Charter - but Casey, our QB. :)

Protect both! You never know when the British will return...

Reaction Score
Jim fuller

http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com

2014 Daniel Oak, Fort Meyers, FL Offensive guard recruited as potential center.

Welcome to UCONN Daniel!
In looking at this site, I found a listing of highly successful former UConn players that were rated two stars by various services prior to enrolling at Storrs, some of whom are having pretty successful NFL careers. I'd say that really shows how good some of these recruiting sites are or maybe how some of these kids are late bloomers. Either way, when I read about some of our present incoming kids being "ONLY" two or three stars it doesn't really mean anything insofar as to what we can expect of them while they are part of future Huskie teams. Interesting and insightful!

Reaction Score
In looking at this site, I found a listing of highly successful former UConn players that were rated two stars by various services prior to enrolling at Storrs, some of whom are having pretty successful NFL careers. I'd say that really shows how good some of these recruiting sites are or maybe how some of these kids are late bloomers. Either way, when I read about some of our present incoming kids being "ONLY" two or three stars it doesn't really mean anything insofar as to what we can expect of them while they are part of future Huskie teams. Interesting and insightful!

Here is a great link that shows how many stars NFL draft picks had coming out of high school. Significant number of NFL draftees are 2&3 stars. 2013 #1 pick in NFL draft, OT Eric Fisher, Central Michigan. New Offensive coordinator Mike Cummings was his O line coach. Do ya think that's gonna get our kids just a little excited? Talk about making a believer out of somebody! How's that for a recruiting endorsement. How about telling an O line prospect to give Eric Fisher a call. Or telling some prospects parents that you coached the #1 draft pick in the NFL! Out of Central Michigan no less. You can't make this stuff up! Arkeel has to be exited about all the newt lineman who signed.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...firstrounders-rated-coming-out-of-high-school

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul