NEW RANKINGS ON HOOPGURLZ FOR CLASS OF 2014 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

NEW RANKINGS ON HOOPGURLZ FOR CLASS OF 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Thanks for the heads up vowelguy. Is this a permanent change?
Not vowelguy, as he's busy compiling stats that will amaze and entertain us all, so I'll answer your question. The guys who previously ran Hoopsgurlz left ESPN (for financial reasons, I believe) and formed Prospects Nation a year ago. These exHoopsgurlz talent evaluators are Chris Hanson, Keil Moore, and Brandon Clay. The new person hired by ESPN is Dan Olson, and he is less equipped to keep the site at the level where the previous group had it, but since ESPN owns the name "Hooppgurlz," this new site is also named Hoopsgurlz. The recent large-scale shake-up in rankings that we just witnessed was due to Dan Olson finally adjusting the rankings to match his research.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
There was talk a couple of years ago that Jatarie White wanted to stay close to N.C. Whether that's true today or not I don't know.

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
Whichever one has the Duke recruits rated the highest ;)

Well, I can answer that for ya :p. For 2013, hoopgurlz and prospect nation had Duke recruits rated the highest, while for 2014 Fullcourt had Duke recruits rated highest. I doubt you can take much away from this lol, other than to say Duke has had back to back stellar recruiting classes..

Btw, what is the status on Greenwell?? I think I read somewhere that she tore her ACL, or had some kind of injury..

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
One of the things I found interesting is the bias we've been reading about regarding AAU affiliations, player affiliations, and their respective rankings with the heads of those services who are affiliated as well. So if player A didn't play in a certain event sponsored by whoever, then that player was dropped way down even tho she may be much more talented than kids ahead of her.

Beginning to sound like the men's side. All that's missing is the $ changing hands and the coaches being accused of paying for players. Then again, teams who are hiring AAU coaches of prized prospects is already encroaching on that grey area.
Part of that bias may again be based in travel money for evaluators - presumably they get to the affiliated tournaments but may not get to the 'competitions' tournaments so they might just not see the other players in order to evaluate them. I never get to worried about the ratings - the top kids generally stay at the top and after that I trust the coaching staff to select the ones they think fit to recruit.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Well, I can answer that for ya :p. For 2013, hoopgurlz and prospect nation had Duke recruits rated the highest, while for 2014 Fullcourt had Duke recruits rated highest. I doubt you can take much away from this lol, other than to say Duke has had back to back stellar recruiting classes..

Btw, what is the status on Greenwell?? I think I read somewhere that she tore her ACL, or had some kind of injury..

Well in that case Hoopgurlz had the most reliable ratings for 2013..... and Full court for 2014 ... I do know that Hoopzgurlz was the most reliable for 2010 as well :p

Greenwell hasnt been ruled out for this season.... personally I would prefer her take a redshirt and use this year to get completely healthy. But of course.. its not up to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom