New Pre-game Events and UConn Fan Notes Released | The Boneyard

New Pre-game Events and UConn Fan Notes Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UConn Fan Notes, a quick recap on the new activities.

• Thursday night is the pep rally on campus
  • Husky walk starts 2:15 before kickoff now in Gray Lot. The team will walk through the tunnel into The Rent.
  • The team will do pregame warm-ups in front of the student section now. The team will enter the stadium from the doors behind the student section and walk down through the student section on to the field.
  • The break between the third and fourth quarters music I'll be from "Diaco's playlist". Fans will be able to vote and select the song played.
  • At the end of each game the team will sing the fight song with the student section.
  • Fan fest for the kids should be similar to last year starting 4 hours before kickoff.

Reaction Score
My concern is the team managing the stairs with their cleats on.

Love it though.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Pretty cool about the 3rd/4th quarter break and choosing the music. I think it was the Fiesta bowl season when they started playing sandstorm which during the Pittsburgh and west Virginia wins got nuts!

Reaction Score
Its amazing. You read that, and despite a decade being a long time in your personal life as far as changes in it go, our football program is still young and in sort of an infancy stage. We are still trying to create traditions to call our own.

One that many here wish would go away is the DJ, but I'm saddened to announce that I heard him on the radio on Saturday night state that he will be at Rentshcler Field next Friday night helping fans "rock out" for the season opener. Don't shoot the messenger.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
@noeynox I hated the DogPound DJ but the really reeled him in last season if my memory serves. Compared to years past he mainly just played the music and made a handful of announcements.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I think it was the Fiesta bowl season when they started playing sandstorm which during the Pittsburgh and west Virginia wins got nuts!

Just another aspect of the program laid waste to by P and GDL.

Reaction Score
@noeynox I hated the DogPound DJ but the really reeled him in last season if my memory serves. Compared to years past he mainly just played the music and made a handful of announcements.
Ya, not a huge fan, but he definitely became more tolerable when he wasn't talking over the PA and he just played music (still not a fan tho).

Reaction Score
Ya, not a huge fan, but he definitely became more tolerable when he wasn't talking over the PA and he just played music (still not a fan tho).

I don't mind the guy. They should bling up his booth more though, make it more fun. It looks like he's in a cellblock up there.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I hope Diaco has Welcome to the Jungle played at every defensive snap. Enough of this just third down crap, no it must be every snap! sarcasm off.

Reaction Score
I don't mind the guy. They should bling up his booth more though, make it more fun. It looks like he's in a cellblock up there.
If you're gonna do it, why not go all in... Get some flashing lights, smoke machine, and spray foam out of the dj booth into the student section between 3rd and 4th quarter while students all have neon green glow sticks..make it a rave.

Reaction Score
If you're gonna do it, why not go all in... Get some flashing lights, smoke machine, and spray foam out of the dj booth into the student section between 3rd and 4th quarter while students all have neon green glow sticks..make it a rave.

I'm thinking coed ti~tays here.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
@UConnFootball finally raised the bar with the student season ticket tshirt this year @NoEscalators @TheUConnBlog pic.twitter.com/FoXy9n5lTF
Bv5cLP7IgAEwoeE.jpg:large

Bv5cLRrIMAA-vxM.jpg:large

Reaction Score
@UConnFootball finally raised the bar with the student season ticket tshirt this year @NoEscalators @TheUConnBlog pic.twitter.com/FoXy9n5lTF
Bv5cLP7IgAEwoeE.jpg:large

Bv5cLRrIMAA-vxM.jpg:large
Maybe too late but UCONN should hand these out at the BYU Game to everyone.

Should have gotten a sponsor or two to pony up for them.(Webster Bank /Dunkin Donuts/Bob's Discount Furniture/Sleepy's ?)
Would be perfect for Unity and a Blue Out too.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
Aside from enrolling in classes (is it too late?), how do I get one of these?
Unless a more informed BY poster knows otherwise, I would suggest tweeting @UConnFootball and/or calling the UConn Football offices directly at (860) 486-2718.

Reaction Score
Student season ticket holders get tees with their season ticket package It's been that was since my daughter was a freshman in '04 at least. It's a gratuity for the kids. I've never seen the shirts that my kids got on sale for the general public.

Reaction Score
The student section shirts are only for student season ticket holders. There is no other way to get them other then to buy them off a student.

But love that the fight song is on the back. Great way for students to learn the song, just look at the person in front of them.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Great way for students to learn the song, just look at the person in front of them.

They should make some limited addition shirts with the song on the front, available only to well-qualified students. For learning purposes, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom