New Polls are out!!!!! | The Boneyard

New Polls are out!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
New women's poll out and @BaylorWBB back at No. 1 @ndwbb is second; @UConnWBB third; @Duke_WBB fourth and @StanfordWBB fifth.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
New women's poll out and @BaylorWBB back at No. 1 @ndwbb is second; @UConnWBB third; @Duke_WBB fourth and @StanfordWBB fifth.
That's what I thought it would be. Reasonable.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The only surprise is that Duke didnt drop to #5..... I knew there was no way that Duke would move up in the poll.

Oops... i had forgotten that Duke was 3rd last week in the AP poll. Anyway.... Duke had a 5 point lead over Stanford last week....... now.. its 43 points. If Stanford sweeps Cal this week... then they will jump Duke again.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
The only surprise is that Duke didnt drop to #5..... I knew there was no way that Duke would move up in the poll.

Oops... i had forgotten that Duke was 3rd last week in the AP poll. Anyway.... Duke had a 5 point lead over Stanford last week....... now.. its 43 points. If Stanford sweeps Cal this week... then they will jump Duke again.

I don't think that Stanford makes another move up unless Duke loses. If Duke plays well at UCONN they should stay ahead of Stanford even with a loss at UCONN.

Reaction Score
I don't think that Stanford makes another move up unless Duke loses. If Duke plays well at UCONN they should stay ahead of Stanford even with a loss at UCONN.

I don't agree....Cal is #7, so IF Stanford beats them twice, which I doubt, they should move up.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
If Stanford beats Cal twice, it might be interpreted as Cal was overrated. I think Stanford will close the gap on Duke, but perhaps not pass them. A 26-point loss weighs more than Duke's schedule.

Based on talent, if both are fully healthy, I think Duke is better, though Stanford has the better coach. I had Duke at 3 and Stanford at 4 in the preseason. I still like that relative ranking.

If Stanford wins by 20 each time, I'll surely reconsider.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Four teams getting 1st place votes, including UConn. I'm not surprised.

Reaction Score
If Stanford beats Cal twice, it might be interpreted as Cal was overrated. I think Stanford will close the gap on Duke, but perhaps not pass them. A 26-point loss weighs more than Duke's schedule.

Based on talent, if both are fully healthy, I think Duke is better, though Stanford has the better coach. I had Duke at 3 and Stanford at 4 in the preseason. I still like that relative ranking.

If Stanford wins by 20 each time, I'll surely reconsider.

yeah, damned if we win, damned if we lose. Pac12 life. I don't agree a 26 pt loss weighs more than Duke weaker schedule, and I think UConn will beat Duke by a lot.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The Pac 12 has a weak recent history. Based on Nan's post recently, it seems that Cal, UCLA, CU, and UW at least have upgraded (while ASU has slipped). But like some voters, I want to see the conference perform over time, maybe a couple of seasons, and succeed in the NCAAs.

Too many times, Stanford had a great conference record and failed to reach the Final Four. I know they have a record-tying 5 in a row, but it takes time to change recent conference history.

Reaction Score
The Pac 12 has a weak recent history. Based on Nan's post recently, it seems that Cal, UCLA, CU, and UW at least have upgraded (while ASU has slipped). But like some voters, I want to see the conference perform over time, maybe a couple of seasons, and succeed in the NCAAs.

Too many times, Stanford had a great conference record and failed to reach the Final Four. I know they have a record-tying 5 in a row, but it takes time to change recent conference history.

11 F4s not enough? 5 straight F4 is not enough to change history? 4 straight Elite 8's before that not enough, which included after losing pg and after pg. whatever.

U

UCONNfan1

Where's Delaware in the poll? They basically lost no one to graduation and aren't "also receiving votes"? Wow...

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
yeah, damned if we win, damned if we lose. Pac12 life. I don't agree a 26 pt loss weighs more than Duke weaker schedule, and I think UConn will beat Duke by a lot.

Like i said in a previous thread.... Duke may get beat.... but they sure will score more than 13 points in the first half... and 35 points for the game. :D

Reaction Score
Where's Delaware in the poll? They basically lost no one to graduation and aren't "also receiving votes"? Wow...

EDD was out sick for a while and team lost some games.
9-3
best wins over Villanova & Duquesne

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I don't agree....Cal is #7, so IF Stanford beats them twice, which I doubt, they should move up.

I don't see where beating the number 7 team twice qualifies a team to surpass the number 4 team. If you beat the number 3 or 4 team, then yes, but not a lower ranked opponent. Wins over lower ranked teams rarely result in a move past a team ranked ahead of both teams.

That big loss to UCONN is going to stick in a lot of voters' minds. That is going to be hard to overcome at this point since Stanford doesn't get to play another top 5 team.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
11 F4s not enough? 5 straight F4 is not enough to change history? 4 straight Elite 8's before that not enough, which included after losing pg and after pg. whatever.

I see those as statements for Stanford but not for the conference. But my memory is bad so I can't say that I remember the last team to make it to the F4 other than Stanford.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I see those as statements for Stanford but not for the conference. But my memory is bad so I can't say that I remember the last team to make it to the F4 other than Stanford.

USC with Cheryl Miller probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle