New Podcast- Willie Mays | The Boneyard

New Podcast- Willie Mays

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
The Sliders & Curveballs Podcast is honored to publish our latest Father/Son episode- Legend. We wanted to share with our fellow UConn fans.

We spent some time yesterday with Willie Mays Co-Author, John Shea, from The San Francisco Chronicle. Their new memoir together is “24: Life Stories And Lessons From The Say Hey Kid.”

One of the greatest.

Let us know what you think. Thanks for supporting our hobby.

GemParty

Reaction Score
The book has arrived. Can’t wait to read!
B7513985-793E-43AB-93AB-66158246B098.jpeg

GemParty

Reaction Score
Been a baseball fan since the late 50's, in my opinion Mays is the greatest player during my life.

You’re very lucky if you got to see him play ball. Did you attend any games in person?

The stories John shared were remarkable. I’ve read many but never heard those. We both really enjoyed learning and listening together. Willie wanted this book in classrooms for children to enjoy. Share with your youngsters.

Reaction Score
You’re very lucky if you got to see him play ball. Did you attend any games in person?

The stories John shared were remarkable. I’ve read many but never heard those. We both really enjoyed learning and listening together. Willie wanted this book in classrooms for children to enjoy. Share with your youngsters.
I never did actually see him in person. Enough on TV though and reading about him to know how good he was. I grew up in East Hartford and was an Oriole fan. Frank and Brooks were my favorites. Loved Earl Weaver.

GemParty

Reaction Score
Have a hard time picturing today’s superstars playing wiffle or stick ball with neighborhood kids, that knocked on his window. Let alone on a game day. Special soul.

GemParty

Reaction Score
I never did actually see him in person. Enough on TV though and reading about him to know how good he was. I grew up in East Hartford and was an Oriole fan. Frank and Brooks were my favorites. Loved Earl Weaver.

I listened to a good deal of radio games when I was younger. Vin Scully was better than the tv. I think I’m going to revisit radio in the 60 game season. Who’s great on the mic now?

Reaction Score
Saw Willie play the Mets at Shea. He Backed up On a fly ball to get forward momentum and threw a laser about 4 feet off the ground from center to home plate to stop a runner from trying to score on a sac fly.

GemParty

Reaction Score
Saw Willie play the Mets at Shea. He Backed up On a fly ball to get forward momentum and threw a laser about 4 feet off the ground from center to home plate to stop a runner from trying to score on a sac fly.

What a memory! Thank you. I’d be grateful to get your feedback on our episode. Love to share comments with my son. Lots of cool future guests coming up.

GemParty

Reaction Score
A Yarder? Thank you.
FCACC251-3E67-4B1A-A2DC-066058A3EC26.png

Reaction Score
The Sliders & Curveballs Podcast is honored to publish our latest Father/Son episode- Legend. We wanted to share with our fellow UConn fans.

We spent some time yesterday with Willie Mays Co-Author, John Shea, from The San Francisco Chronicle. Their new memoir together is “24: Life Stories And Lessons From The Say Hey Kid.”

One of the greatest.

Let us know what you think. Thanks for supporting our hobby.

Yup. My dads all time favorite player.

GemParty

Reaction Score

Thanks. Our guest, John Shea, is a great storyteller. He just sent me this program, which he describes having seen play out live as a kid.
7935E9B9-08BC-4816-BA68-165291EA0756.jpeg

GemParty

Reaction Score

The books been fantastic. Many photos from Willie’s home & SI photographers that have never been seen before. 24 chapters for his #. Lessons in every one.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom