New Orleans | The Boneyard

New Orleans

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
The (correct) answer to:

"What road game (plus Yankee Stadium) we going to this year?????

Im in Friday until at least Tuesday . . .Lessiz le bon temps rouler (ask Warde)

Reaction Score
I was hoping to go to New Orleans for the Tulane game, then I got invited to a wedding in Shelton the same weekend :(

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I live little over mile from Tulane. If get hotel anywhere near French Qtr can take trolley to edge of campus on St. Charles near Audubon Park where the Tulane campus is and is less than half mile walk through campus to stadium (Trolley ride is fun). Nice Zoo is also within walking distance (the other direction from Tulane, and just past that is the Miss. River).

Stadium is in middle of campus, looks pretty small (impossible to have bad seat) and as they were building was wondering if they left enough space for the field and sidelines. If they have any crowd at all should be pretty noisey.

Reaction Score
I live little over mile from Tulane. If get hotel anywhere near French Qtr can take trolley to edge of campus on St. Charles near Audubon Park where the Tulane campus is and is less than half mile walk through campus to stadium (Trolley ride is fun). Nice Zoo is also within walking distance (the other direction from Tulane, and just past that is the Miss. River).

Stadium is in middle of campus, looks pretty small (impossible to have bad seat) and as they were building was wondering if they left enough space for the field and sidelines. If they have any crowd at all should be pretty noisey.
Can I borrow your couch? :D

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I'm going to Yankee Stadium and thought about going to Tulane or USF. I'd love to go to ECU and witness this crazed WVU like atmosphere but I have to watch that one from home (wife's birthday weekend).

Reaction Score
I was hoping to go to New Orleans for the Tulane game, then I got invited to a wedding in Shelton :(

Can "répondez s'il vous plait" be answered with "Je regrette?" Cause it is New Orleans, and all.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score

Husky, I spend a couple weeks in NOLA for the past dozen years . . . hit me vegas at drkranz dot com

my krewe, including locals, are putting a propah plan together - maybe we'll even squeeze in a half hour so the newbies can at least say they went to Boubon Street

If Deb and her husband (cant remember his name) still own Tchop 45, they are from Norwalk and somewhere on the SE coast - that might be a starting point - If you can drag me out of Ms Maes

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'm going to Yankee Stadium and thought about going to Tulane or USF. I'd love to go to ECU and witness this crazed WVU like atmosphere but I have to watch that one from home (wife's birthday weekend).

One man's opinion. Go to New Orleans. Tampa has some fun with Ybor City and a few other places but is largely cookie cutter medium city. I really like the Tampa area but you can always go there.

New Orleans has the history, the food, music, culture and odor. Go there. It really ought to be a bucket list American city.

Reaction Score
Can "répondez s'il vous plait" be answered with "Je regrette?" Cause it is New Orleans, and all.

More like 'je souhaite que je pourrais aller à NoLa et boire beaucoup.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Here's great information on how to Priceline and Hotwire hotels in New Orleans - although its written for Jazzfest attendees, its even more applicable when there's no big event in town (MG, JF, NYE, Sugar/Super Bowls, etc.)

http://jazzfest.swagland.com/bidding.html

Ive scored the W for less than $100 a night, and 2 years ago the Saint (5 star) for $120 - during Jazzfest - one of the citys 5 largest events - 10/12 the Saints are away, and the Louisiana Seafood Festival that weekend is no big deal - good luck

Reaction Score
They do have good hangover cures. It's the right city.

My idea of the perfect NoLa hangover cure involves getting up at noon in the company of a beautiful woman. I have a feeling that my wife would not appreciate that as this was supposed to be a boys weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom