New Offensive Coordinator David Corley Met w/Media Today | The Boneyard

New Offensive Coordinator David Corley Met w/Media Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
IMG_0391.JPG
IMG_0392.JPG

Found Corley's Hamilton Tiger-Cats football card. I like the fact that he played Quarterback. This change had to happen. As everyone, hoping for positive change. Can't get any worse, or can it! Oh boy! At least we have hope for better things Friday night.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Wasn't encouraged by how much time he spent talking about running the ball.

Reaction Score

I was thinking that too...but in fairness, the running game has been the worst part of the offense, and if it doesn't improve, we will continue to have problems.

I dont think he said he wants to only run. He just said he wants the run game to improve. At least thats what i gathered from it.

Fingers crossed

Reaction Score
Well he was our running backs coach. Lets hope he's a pass first guy by instinct. Looks like that's what he was when he played QB at William and Mary. We'll see on Friday.

Reaction Score

Running the ball is really, really important. I would love to see a change in the exchange. We're currently running a pro-style scheme where we need to wait a long time for blocks to set up. I'd like us to punch it faster in the run game.

I use this to help teach the kids I coach since we've run a variant of this, and I would never hand the ball off any other way

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
It's nothing but a band aid applied to third degree burns. Anybody who thinks we're miraculously going to become a competent, competitive team vs. Temple is smoking the same crack that Bobby does.

Reaction Score
Can't imagine much will change. It's still a coach under bobby. It's just a change to try and please some screaming fans and try and lite a fire under the players. Move along.

This is an "all I need is total control then it will work" move, when he had a 98% control thumb on Verducci. I don't see a newbie OC taking charge, but lets hope for the best.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I think he has to let Corley actually coach because his butt is on the line and he knows it.
I'm excited about the change and hopeful that this will be the kick start the offense needs

Reaction Score
Well Corley has to be his own man that's for sure. Any judgement based on this week's game will be a real reach but we're up for it here at The Yard!.

Reaction Score
The only thing that can change this week is the play calling. Maybe Corley will have a better feel for the game or he will get the TEs more involved in the game. We'll find out.

In hindsight once Davis was moved to TE, we had 2 scholarship QBs available this year, Shirreffs and Anderson, and 2 recruited RBs available this year as we redshirted one QB and 2 RBs. That is clearly not enough talent to compete as we can't really change QBs and we have no competition at RB. Who is responsible for this lack of depth? Verducci? Diaco?

I think we need to bring in a JUCO QB this year to compete for the starting QB role and provide depth. And, we need to bring in one or two RBs, especially if you are going to redshirt the freshmen.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Cracked me up reading Jeff Jacobs' article where it says that Corley's only play calling experience came several years ago at W&M for a drive or two when the coordinator's headset broke. this may end up looking uglier than verducci

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Cracked me up reading Jeff Jacobs' article where it says that Corley's only play calling experience came several years ago at W&M for a drive or two when the coordinator's headset broke. this may end up looking uglier than verducci

Jacobs is full of himself and at least offensive coordinator Corey played offense in college and was pretty successful at it. He has to be better than what we've had the past nine games

Reaction Score
at least offensive coordinator Corey played offense in college and was pretty successful at it. He has to be better than what we've had the past nine games
This

Reaction Score
I hope Corley can make a difference, but he and the offensive coaches and players definitely have their work cut out for them. The defensive rankings of our final 3 opponents: Temple #11, BC #7, Tulane #36.

Reaction Score
I hope Corley can make a difference, but he and the offensive coaches and players definitely have their work cut out for them. The defensive rankings of our final 3 opponents: Temple #11, BC #7, Tulane #36.

BC is going to be brutal.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Running the ball us very important.

We can't run the ball consistently or effectively from two tight end sets.

We can pass the ball in certian situations mix in the run.

We need to have a running identity as a program. We need to pass this season to win 3 more games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom