New NCAA set-up for The Dance...help! | The Boneyard

New NCAA set-up for The Dance...help!

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Is this basically correct?

First weekend: 16 teams host...need to be top 4 seed. IMO....With returning players and some improved play we host and advance to a
sweet 16 site. ...of which there are only 2...in South Carolina and out west.

8 teams at each site....2 different pods of 4 at the two sites. 2 teams from each site advance to the final 4.

When the 2 pods are formed at each site....how will they do that? Example: South Carolina might well be
overall #1 seed. Their elite 8 game might be against the team seeded 4th in their pod. Teams seeded 2 and 3
might meet in the other final 8 game their. So...a UConn getting either the 2 or 3 seed there would avoid SC...maybe playing an Indiana or LSU....win 2 in South Carolina....
there we are in the final 4.,,,which is still realistic imo given some health luck.

Again though: when the 8 teams arrive at the sweet 16 teams sites, will they be re-ranked 1-8 with the accompanying match-ups clearly defined:
1-8/2-7/3-6/4/5 for the sweet 16 games and the winners go to the final 8 games?

Or: will their prior seedings going into week one be maintained?

A different set-up this year for sure...an unusual result coming up?

Got help on this topic?

Reaction Score
I'd assume that the committee creates the brackets as they always have and the top 2 #1 seeds go geographically where it's closest.

So, say the top-2 seeds are as follows:

1(1). SC 2 (8). Duke
1(2). Indiana 2 (7). Notre Dame

1(3). Stanford 2 (6). LSU
1(4). UCONN 2 (5). Iowa

I'd think that SC/Indiana will go to Greenville and Stanford/UCONN would go to Seattle

This is fine. But having regionals WAAAAAAAY out in the pacific NW is a problem, IMO. Yes, it gives the top 2 teams in the Pac-12 closer travel, but are they really gonna get butts in the seats from the other four(S16) east coast schools? Like, are LSU and UCONN(just as an example for my fictitious brackets) fans gonna travel all the way to Seattle for the regionals?

As much as I can't stand Antonelli; her S16 to Vegas thing in brilliant.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I'd assume that the committee creates the brackets as they always have and the top 2 #1 seeds go geographically where it's closest.

1(1). SC 2 (8). Duke

1(4). UCONN 2 (5). Iowa

I'd think that SC/Indiana will go to Greenville and Stanford/UCONN would go to Seattle

This is fine. But having regionals WAAAAAAAY out in the pacific NW is a problem, IMO. Yes, it gives the top 2 teams in the Pac-12 closer travel, but are they really gonna get butts in the seats from the other four(S16) east coast schools? Like, are LSU and UCONN(just as an example for my fictitious brackets) fans gonna travel all the way to Seattle for the regionals?

I can only wish, I would get tickets every year and take Uber from my home to the arena.

Reaction Score

1(1). SC 2 (8). Duke

1(4). UCONN 2 (5). Iowa

Im confident they will . The pacific NW is notorious for Women's basketball with great attendance for the most part . UCONN fans travel that's understood .

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom