New Movie Trailers Thread

-
I wish GDT had a chance to finish his trilogy, but I must admit, this looks pretty good.

Can Sansa carry a big budget movie? I vote "no".
She has absolutely no range and she's about to play a character who's psyche is fractured a million different ways. I hope the supporting cast is more the focus lol.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Some interesting looking indie thrillers maybe leaning slightly towards horror coming up.

nwhoopfan

This is weird. I just saw this trailer on "Nothing but trailers" but it's not coming up on you tube, can't find it anywhere googling. The film just debuted at SXSW, there are reviews for it, but no trailer online. Looked interesting. "Body at Brighton Rock." An inexperienced National Park Ranger finds a dead body in the backcountry. It's too late in the day for a SAR op to recover the body, so she has to stay onsite overnight (that seems a bit sketchy to me, but whatever). Then a creepy guy pops up out of nowhere, and tension ensues.

nwhoopfan

This could be fun. And I'm a sucker for Lily James.

nwhoopfan

A slightly expanded Avengers: Endgame trailer, but still not showing much of anything. There is a brief appearance by Captain Marvel though.

edit--hmm, is that Mjolnir at the end? Thought that was destroyed. Time travel or flashback scene or alternate reality?

A slightly expanded Avengers: Endgame trailer, but still not showing much of anything. There is a brief appearance by Captain Marvel though.

edit--hmm, is that Mjolnir at the end? Thought that was destroyed. Time travel or flashback scene or alternate reality?
It's the new axe, it's got the longer handle and it's just hard to see the axe end of it.

Noah Hawley, who created and directed the Fargo TV series and the mindtripping Legion on FX's new movie:

Pixar generally gets it right, but this trailer did nothing for me.

Posting this purely so it can be subjected to your ridicule. Looks soooo dumb and sappy.

nwhoopfan

Noah Hawley, who created and directed the Fargo TV series and the mindtripping Legion on FX's new movie:

Natalie Portman continues to show up in interesting, non mainstream movies. She was in a few blockbuster franchises (Star Wars prequel trilogy and two of the Thor movies), but it looks like she's purposely avoiding that kind of stuff more recently.

It'll probably be pretty good, and the campy nature of the trailer probably belies whats sure to be a darker plot, but I'm not sure what to make of it from this teaser. So, teaser... mission accomplished.

nwhoopfan

Just stumbled onto this. Opening this weekend. Definitely B grade. None of them are household names in the U.S., but this is pretty much a who's who of legit martial arts action stars.

nwhoopfan

So is DC pretending the Joker from Suicide Squad never happened? There have been about as many film versions of Joker as Batman.

Looks like Joaquin Phoenix halfway starved himself to death for this role.

CL82

Trust the process
So is DC pretending the Joker from Suicide Squad never happened? There have been about as many film versions of Joker as Batman.

Looks like Joaquin Phoenix halfway starved himself to death for this role.
... and is completely abandon the established history of the character. One of the most interesting things about Joker/Batman is that they create each other.

nwhoopfan

... and is completely abandon the established history of the character. One of the most interesting things about Joker/Batman is that they create each other.
I get that the Nicholson and Ledger versions were completely unrelated to the DCCU. But now w/ this new take a short time later when they are trying to build up their cinematic universe reeks of the same continuity problems that the X-Men/Wolverine movies have been plagued with. No amount of ret-conning can ever clean up the mess they've created. Looks like DC is going down the same path. I checked out the credits on IMDB (was bugging me that I couldn't figure out who was playing Joker, so familiar yet so different), there is a Thomas Wayne and Alfred, but no Bruce Wayne/Batman credited at this point.