New Movie Trailers Thread

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
I'd completely given up on M. Night Shyamalan, until I watched "Split" on a whim. I was impressed. So of course now I'm gonna have to check this out next year.

Oh no. I don't pay too much attention to Rotten Tomatoes scores, but only 36% is not good. That's the critics rating. Audience ratings are 79% but under audience reviews it's mostly speculative stuff by people who haven't seen the movie yet, which is stupid and useless. I was looking forward to this but it's looking like a "wait for DVD" flick.

Oh no. I don't pay too much attention to Rotten Tomatoes scores, but only 36% is not good. That's the critics rating. Audience ratings are 79% but under audience reviews it's mostly speculative stuff by people who haven't seen the movie yet, which is stupid and useless. I was looking forward to this but it's looking like a "wait for DVD" flick.
I find that I can't trust Rotten Tomatoes at all, ESPECIALLY the critics who told me that Star Wars the Worst Jedi was a great movie. It's all too politicized. Having said that, I wanted to see a sequel to Unbreakable for years, and when Split was a success and tied into that universe, I got pretty excited about the idea. But....something in the trailers just didn't do it for me and I lost a lot of enthusiasm for it. Hopefully it's a good movie, but I haven't felt compelled to rush out and see it.

nwhoopfan

a test of how much you can stand Jesse Eisenberg
He's hit and miss for me, but he's such a one trick pony. He's exactly the same in every role. He's one of those guys, he's not an actor, he's playing himself. Must be good work if you can get it.

I would recommend to both you guys, the Heirloom add on for rotten tomatoes. Compares your rating with critics and picks the ones you agree with most often. You get a "top critic" score and a "your critics" score. Works a lot better and filters out a good amount of the political BS.

Only works on Chrome, of course

Her books sell poorly even by today's standards, which are down across the board, and she's never been an "A list" character like Wonder Woman. I just think that if you combine that with the fact that she is unknown to a lot of movie goers, it's a stretch to suddenly make her the most powerful, lead character in their universe moving forward. They clearly seem to be setting it up for her to ride in and save the day in the next Avengers film (that after credits scene in Infinity War sets that up) and if that is the way it goes, then this saga is going to have an unsatisfying feel to it in my opinion.
From what I've read, her books are complete bombs. It's been shutdown and rebooted EIGHT times. They desperately want it to work and the actual comic book fans are not remotely interested.

Will not be the least bit surprised to see this turn out to be "Solo" for the MCU.

From what I've read, her books are complete bombs. It's been shutdown and rebooted EIGHT times. They desperately want it to work and the actual comic book fans are not remotely interested.

Will not be the least bit surprised to see this turn out to be "Solo" for the MCU.
Sales of comic books have been down across the board, for various reasons. However, Marvel went full SJW awhile back and completely alienated their fan base, and they aren't finding a way to get that back. To make matters worse, a lot of their creative "talent" loves to take to social media and blast the (former) paying customers. These people never get it, when you slam people as racist, sexist, stupid, etc...they aren't going to buy your product. Toss in the old "who cares if you don't like it, it isn't for you anyway" line that they love to put out there, and it is no surprise people just give up on the books. I don't know exactly who the books "are for", but there don't seem to be many of them that will actually pay for it. If they take this same approach with the movies, it will be disappointing.

It is with some trepidation I post this one. Dirty Rotten Scoundrels is a nostalgic favorite of mine. Haven't watched it in some time, but I bet it's still pretty good. Not really a fan of Rebel Wilson, but Hathaway is usually stellar in anything she's in so I'll reserve judgement.

nwhoopfan

Not really a fan of Rebel Wilson
I can't take much more of her. She's obnoxious, over the top, and not funny. Her new rom com coming out soon looks terrible. Who decided she's a headlining actress?

What's with all these gender flipping movies the last several years? We need a remake of Thelma & Louise w/ male stars to even things out a bit I guess.

nwhoopfan

Huge disparity between critic and audience scores on Rotten Tomatoes for Alita: Battle Angel.

huskypantz

Freestyle mumble rapper
Frozen 2 is perfectly timed to ensure that the movie toys and merchandise will dominate Christmas wish lists. Great.

nwhoopfan

This looks LUDICROUS...but entertaining none the less. Because the Fast & Furious franchise was almost reality based, they had to make Idris Elba into a superhuman bad guy. The reluctant partnership between Dwayne Johnson and Jason Statham could be fun.