New Movie Trailers Thread

huskypantz

Freestyle mumble rapper
I disagree, NW Hoopfan is right. Guardians was practically reverse engineered for the big screen. They were pretty arcane Marvel characters. But, they were also really cinematic.

I would say Captain Marvel probably is in the same category, a mediocre comic book character but a good character for the movies.

As a whole the Avengers were always second fiddle to the X-Men, the mutant characters and Spider Man. They just work really well on screen.
X-Men had better story lines and a more robust cast of characters that were not artificially connected in the comics. Avengers were always a superhero all-star team (except for West Coast Avengers). There were a small number of x-men who could actually hold a solo series - basically Wolverine, Deadpool and Gambit. Avengers translates well because (most of) their characters were developed in solo films that were all fairly solid.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Huh. What if Superman was a sociopath or psychopath? You might get something like this.

nwhoopfan

So from this preview I gather the story will center around going back in time to defeat Thanos.
There's been plenty of speculation about that. Dr. Strange saw something before he gave up his Infinity Stone to Thanos. (I don't think I need to spoiler tag this, it's been long enough since the movie came out)

Also some talk about the Quantum Realm from the Ant-Man movies coming into play.

Alita keeps looking better and better, but I remain skeptical because Robert Rodriguez is a complete hack and some of the CGI looks a bit sketchy. We'll see.

nwhoopfan

Alita keeps looking better and better, but I remain skeptical because Robert Rodriguez is a complete hack and some of the CGI looks a bit sketchy. We'll see.

The release date got pushed back on that, often a bad sign, but I'm still totally intrigued by it.

Heist action! Good cast.

Cast looks incredible, but reading about who used to be attached to this movie is wild. Tom Hanks, Johnny Depp, Will Smith, Channing Tatum, Tom Hardy, Mahershala Ali, Casey Affleck, and Mark Wahlberg were all in talks to be in the film at one point.

Cast looks incredible, but reading about who used to be attached to this movie is wild. Tom Hanks, Johnny Depp, Will Smith, Channing Tatum, Tom Hardy, Mahershala Ali, Casey Affleck, and Mark Wahlberg were all in talks to be in the film at one point.
Seems it must’ve been in real development hell then. Doesn’t bode well for it, then it ends up as a Netflix release... Still, looks interesting. That original cast would’ve been bonkers!

I wanted to see the directors last movie with Oscar Isaac, A Most Violent Year, but never got around to it. He seems to make some low key good movies thought.

nwhoopfan

I saw that Mano. Not a huge fan of reboots. It looks mildly interesting. Nice to see Milla Jovovich. Her video game adaptation franchise has been run into the ground, she hasn't done much else in a while.

I saw that Mano. Not a huge fan of reboots. It looks mildly interesting. Nice to see Milla Jovovich. Her video game adaptation franchise has been run into the ground, she hasn't done much else in a while.
It seems they just recasted because I think I read it's something of a direct sequel. Or at least takes places a few years after the events of Hellboy 2.

I will always, always have a huge soft spot for Jovovich because of the 5th Element.

nwhoopfan

Okay, this one might not be any good but I'm quickly becoming a fan of Florence Pugh. And The Rock playing The Rock, brilliant casting. Plus Nick Frost for Hot Fuzz/Shaun of the Dead fans.

nwhoopfan

How did I not even know this was happening? I found a trailer online but I don't think they've been pushing it (although I don't watch a lot of tv). Looks like Tree Gelbman is gonna have another really bad day.....over and over again. Valentine's Day release...sure why not? (also the day Alita: Battle Angel has been pushed back to; getting a nice helping of anti-Valentine's Day movies this year)

This has Guy Ritchie written all over it....except he's not involved? He was rumored to be working on his own Robin Hood re-imagining at some point. It might suck, or it might be fun. I liked Taron Egerton in Kingsman: The Secret Service. Plus Jamie Fox and Ben Mendelsohn.

This is an abortion. I can't believe there are 5 people in America willing to pay to see a yet more awful reimagining of Robin Hood.