New Movie Trailers Thread

Alfonso Cuaron's new movie and first since Gravity. Looks absolutely incredible. I mean, visually jaw dropping.

Gaspar Noe makes some crazy effed up stuff some times. This looks to be one of those times again.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Good thread, sorry nobody has been playing along so far. A couple indies that look somewhat interesting to me.

It can't be a coincidence that Colin Ferguson and Jordan Hinson were father and daughter in the tv show Eureka and here she's the lead actress and he makes a cameo as a police officer, just like he was on the show.

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

I'd completely given up on M. Night Shyamalan, until I watched "Split" on a whim. I was impressed. So of course now I'm gonna have to check this out next year.

Dang, James McAvoy got pretty buff. I always thought of him as a skinny guy.

nwhoopfan

I'm a sucker for sci fi. I don't read any manga but I know it's fairly influential in Western entertainment. This is apparently based off of one.

nwhoopfan

Gaspar Noe makes some crazy effed up stuff some times. This looks to be one of those times again.
There's a remake of Dario Argento's "Suspira" coming out. Also creepy and weird involving a dance troupe.

ZooCougar

Shut Up Carl.
I'd completely given up on M. Night Shyamalan, until I watched "Split" on a whim. I was impressed. So of course now I'm gonna have to check this out next year.

Oh man. I’m digging the Shamalamdingdong extended universe. Split was awesome. He finally got back on track.

Yea, when I first heard that Unbreakable was supposed to be the first of a trilogy I thought it was the coolest idea ever. It was a real solid flick and the low key way it set everything up was such a great reversal of how those types of things usually try and hit you over the head with exposition and back story, etc. So when Split came out and still it was another low key universe building film just furthered the coolness. Glass very much looks like it will continue that trend. Hopefully its just as solid. I'm pretty curious how Anya Taylor-Joy's character will factor in. Was one of the trailers I considered posting but didn't want to unleash a deluge of just my posts in this thread.

Last edited:
I'm a sucker for sci fi. I don't read any manga but I know it's fairly influential in Western entertainment. This is apparently based off of one.

I love sci-fi too. Love anime, but never been big on manga. I'm glad that James Cameron stayed involved but I wish he had been able to direct like he long hoped to, I have zero faith in Robert Rodriguez to deliver a coherent, quality movie. So hopefully Cameron still has a heavy hand in this one.

He's a tiny guy but definitely did a cycle of steroids for this role, they all cycle.

nwhoopfan

He's a tiny guy but definitely did a cycle of steroids for this role, they all cycle.
I've wondered about that before. You can see some dramatic changes in their physique from one role to another sometimes. Brad Pitt got pretty pumped up for "Troy" and then all that extra muscle was just gone.

I'm cautious about automatically accusing people of using steroids when they noticeably gain muscle. I gained quite a bit of muscle within about 1 1/2 years of graduating high school, without any chemical help. There is a wide variance in body types and metabolism. Some people can add muscle relatively quickly when doing intensive strength training.

huskypantz

Freestyle mumble rapper
I've wondered about that before. You can see some dramatic changes in their physique from one role to another sometimes. Brad Pitt got pretty pumped up for "Troy" and then all that extra muscle was just gone.

I'm cautious about automatically accusing people of using steroids when they noticeably gain muscle. I gained quite a bit of muscle within about 1 1/2 years of graduating high school, without any chemical help. There is a wide variance in body types and metabolism. Some people can add muscle relatively quickly when doing intensive strength training.
It's of course a lot easier to bulk up if you're short or have short limbs. These guys have personal trainers and nutritionists - their bodies are commodities. That said, I have little doubt that a reasonable percentage dabble in various performance enhancing substances.

I love this trailer.

Yea I really love the tack they are taking with this origin story. When you think about it, if you had burgeoning mutant abilities that suddenly presented themselves, you’d probably think you were going crazy too. Or seeing supernatural things - ghosts, etc.

Steroids are huge in Hollywood. It's not that he's that big or has a physique that can't be attained naturally, it's that he was so tiny beforehand. He gained all his size in his traps and neck, always a sign of roids.

It always cracks me up when these actors who never really had any size do interviews and say they gained 30 lbs. or so of muscle in 6 weeks by just working out hard and eating a lot.