New Mexico State announcing they’ll play in the Spring | The Boneyard

New Mexico State announcing they’ll play in the Spring

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
I hope we play them. I doubt we will.

Reaction Score
As the only NMSU alum and UConn fan in the world I’d love for these games to happen and also set up a game or two with basketball.

I met with Chris Jans and the AD at a alumni tailgate at the Alabama game last year. Jans stated that he would love to play UConn and said any chance he can get to play a premier program like UConn he’d take. Also a big fan of Hurley.

Drew

Reaction Score
As the only NMSU alum and UConn fan in the world I’d love for these games to happen and also set up a game or two with basketball.

I met with Chris Jans and the AD at a alumni tailgate at the Alabama game last year. Jans stated that he would love to play UConn and said any chance he can get to play a premier program like UConn he’d take. Also a big fan of Hurley.
I've e-mailed back and forth with Mario Moccia a bit. He indicated interest in scheduling UConn in football but it was indicated to him NMSU was "too far away".

Of course, we've now scheduled series with Utah State, Fresno State, and San Jose State.

Reaction Score
I've e-mailed back and forth with Mario Moccia a bit. He indicated interest in scheduling UConn in football but it was indicated to him NMSU was "too far away".

Of course, we've now scheduled series with Utah State, Fresno State, and San Jose State.
Mario is a great AD. It’s significantly easier to get to Las Cruces than Logan, Utah.

Reaction Score
I think the games we schedule “far away” will be BYU and teams from conferences. I don’t think we will be looking to play a slate of Indys all the time. We want to be a regular against the P5 schools and a few Mountain West and American schools year after year.

Reaction Score
It’s significantly easier to get to Las Cruces than Logan, Utah.
Possible Utah State advantage: MWC conference opponent with recent 8-year string of bowl appearances versus an independent with a less impressive reputation relative to Utah State.

Barring a charter from Hartford, no good flight alternatives exist to Logan, Las Cruces, San Jose nor Fresno, e.g.,

1) No direct commercial flight to SLC ==> 2 connecting flights, then 90 min bus ride to Logan
2) Las Cruces, Fresno, & San Jose => 2 connecting commercial flights

Best commercial flight alternative for the 4 possible opponents: Direct BDL-SFO flight, then 45 min ride to San Jose. Potentially, SJSU and FSU may enable some CA recruiting possibilities ???

Drew

Reaction Score
The best reasons to play NMSU are that we can 1. Actually have a chance at winning a football game for once and 2. Schedule them with flexibility in times other teams will be playing conference games

Reaction Score
UConn is not having a season with no P5 schools on the schedule. Simple to figure.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
We got away from Tulane and Tulsa and you want....New Mexico State?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom