New Mexico Free Throw Shooting | The Boneyard

New Mexico Free Throw Shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
21 for 21 - thats ridiculous. I dont think I have ever seen a team take over 20 free throws and not miss a single one.

Reaction Score
Yup, that's just unbelievable.

Anytime you do get to the line 21 times and make them all, no matter who you're playing, you've got a great chance to win.

Through 4 games, they are shooting 84%, although that percentage got to that point because of last night.

Good stat to bring up. I think all of the other problems will be with us all year, and might contribute to losses, esp. rebounds, but I don't think many other teams will shoot free throws like that.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Yeah, we were noticing they never missed, and they got to the line a lot.

Reaction Score
Yes, New Mexico did a lot of things that probably would not happen in 95% of games. 21-21 free throws hit a three directly after we took our first lead and the ball really bounced their way 4-5 times. It was too bad we could not start off offensively better after we really stymied them defensively @ the beginning of the game. New Mexico was very lucky just to be in the last game--more-so than us and there was some fortunate occurrences in the final game 2. A loss is a loss and that is OK. In my mind--everything we do this year is preparing for next year. I do not think we have one player on this team ready to go pro. If we have everyone back---we have great strides by Nolan Wolf Olander and add the other freshmen big--our team will be tough next year--and imho we will be a 17-18 game winner this year.

Reaction Score
The announcers kept saying how that tall blond guard had been not hitting his threes all season. I knew we were doomed after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom