New Megan Walker article | The Boneyard

New Megan Walker article

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I still think she will choice UConn. If she does she may have 4 NCs like Syewie..

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Thanks bschwartz, I really enjoyed the article. The more I read up on Megan Walker, the more I'm impressed with her. It's not hard to see why she is rated the number one recruit in her class. It appears her parents are doing a fantastic job of keeping her grounded, which is not easy when you have hundreds of people wanting a piece of her, and constantly telling her how great she is/can be. It's easy to see why she's so highly coveted, and on the top of of every D-1 program's "wish list". No doubt all of the other top 10 programs are putting on an aggressive "full court press" for Megan.

Like every other member of the Nation and the Boneyard, I'm hoping she'll matriculate to UConn to continue her pursuit of higher education; and hone her athletic skills. Walker said she will announce her decision in September. Hopefully the wind is blowing in UConn's direction on this one. What a boon it would be for the program if Megan were to choose to cast her lot with the Huskies. :cool:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Disregard the above post. A correction was made.

Thanks bschwartz, I really enjoyed the article. The more I read up on Megan Walker, the more I'm impressed with her. It's not hard to see why she is rated the number one recruit in her class. It appears her parents are doing a fantastic job of keeping her grounded, which is not easy when you have hundreds of people wanting a piece of her, and constantly telling her how great she is/can be. It's easy to see why she's so highly coveted, and on the top of of every D-1 program's "wish list". No doubt the 4 schools she has narrowed her choices down to continue to campaign to Megan for her favor.

Like every other member of the Nation and the Boneyard, I'm hoping she'll matriculate to UConn to continue her pursuit of higher education; and hone her athletic skills. Walker said she will announce her decision in September. Hopefully the wind is blowing in UConn's direction on this one. What a boon it would be for the program if Megan were to choose to cast her lot with the Huskies. :cool:

Reaction Score
I try to follow her on several media platforms. What strikes me about this particular recruit is NOT her undeniable talent, but her willingness to subordinate her talents for the benefit of the team. Check out the videos from the recent 3x3 competitions. She has a lot of Maya in her too, and her skills will translate into statistics for others... not simply for herself. Carnac is right; credit the parenting. She's not just a winner, but a role model. Give her to Chris Dailey to mold... I see magic.

Reaction Score
I try to follow her on several media platforms. What strikes me about this particular recruit is NOT her undeniable talent, but her willingness to subordinate her talents for the benefit of the team. Check out the videos from the recent 3x3 competitions. She has a lot of Maya in her too, and her skills will translate into statistics for others... not simply for herself. Carnac is right; credit the parenting. She's not just a winner, but a role model. Give her to Chris Dailey to mold... I see magic.

The "grounded" part, the "humble" part, are vintage UConn. Sounds as though she has the character and personality to really fit in with, and thrive with, the Connecticut kids.

Fingers crossed....

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Thanks for posting the article. I agree with virtually everyone here that she seems to have her head on tight and all power to her parents for their (probably very large) part in that. I've enjoyed watching her working on improving her technical skills, but have also -- like others -- enjoyed the fact that she seems to grasp the "we/I" dynamics of being a valued teammate. She also seems to take coaching well, too, from what I've read, which bodes well if she chooses to attend a school where she can work with the likes of Chris Dailey or Niele Ivey.

Of course, I hope her collegiate destination is quite a bit further west (just off Rte. 80;)), but I think we can all agree that all of WCBB is going to get a good one come Fall 2017.

Reaction Score
Thanks for posting the article. I agree with virtually everyone here that she seems to have her head on tight and all power to her parents for their (probably very large) part in that. I've enjoyed watching her working on improving her technical skills, but have also -- like others -- enjoyed the fact that she seems to grasp the "we/I" dynamics of being a valued teammate. She also seems to take coaching well, too, from what I've read, which bodes well if she chooses to attend a school where she can work with the likes of Chris Dailey or Niele Ivey.

Of course, I hope her collegiate destination is quite a bit further west (just off Rte. 80;)), but I think we can all agree that all of WCBB is going to get a good one come Fall 2017.
but would develop further if her destinaton was further east!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom