New info for streaming games on SNY | The Boneyard

New info for streaming games on SNY

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
The sny.tv site has information about streaming the 2019 UConn WBB games broadcasted on SNY.
According to their website, the NBCSports app will stream the games but it appears to me that you have to have a satellite or cable TV provider. I also am not sure if a streaming service, like YouTube TV, is considered to be a TV provider.
And finally, I currently have no idea if you still have to be in the SNY viewing area in order to stream via the app. If so, time to check out a VPN.

I hope that you BYers that live outside the SNY viewing area and don't have access to SNY can help me and other potential streamers out before November 10.

Reaction Score
The sny.tv site has information about streaming the 2019 UConn WBB games broadcasted on SNY.
According to their website, the NBCSports app will stream the games but it appears to me that you have to have a satellite or cable TV provider. I also am not sure if a streaming service, like YouTube TV, is considered to be a TV provider.
And finally, I currently have no idea if you still have to be in the SNY viewing area in order to stream via the app. If so, time to check out a VPN.

I hope that you BYers that live outside the SNY viewing area and don't have access to SNY can help me and other potential streamers out before November 10.

For the first question I say yes, YouTube TV is considered a provider, as long as you currently receive SNY channel and are in-market area.

Below is the first Q&A from link provided.

Q: How can I stream Mets and UConn basketball games?
A: If you are an SNY subscriber via a participating video provider, and reside in an area where you are able to view in-market Mets and UConn games on SNY, you will be able to access content on SNY.tv and the NBC Sports app (TV Everywhere). If your provider has not yet entered into an agreement with SNY to make TV Everywhere available, you will not be able to authenticate and stream the content. Please call your participating provider if you are not able to access the stream of the game via SNY.tv on PCs or the NBC Sports app.

From what I have read on the Boneyard over the past few years, if one is outside the market area (I have SNY on YouTube TV and am in-market area) I believe one can watch the games on the ESPN app. Someone can verify this?

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
For the first question I say yes, YouTube TV is considered a provider, as long as you currently receive SNY channel and are in-market area.

A: If you are an SNY subscriber via a participating video provider, and reside in an area where you are able to view in-market Mets and UConn games on SNY, you will be able to access content on SNY.tv and the NBC Sports app (TV Everywhere). If your provider has not yet entered into an agreement with SNY to make TV Everywhere available, you will not be able to authenticate and stream the content. Please call your participating provider if you are not able to access the stream of the game via SNY.tv on PCs or the NBC Sports app.

From what I have read on the Boneyard over the past few years, if one is outside the market area (I have SNY on YouTube TV and am in-market area) I believe one can watch the games on the ESPN app. Someone can verify this?
For the past several years I have watched UConn WBB on Watch ESPN. You must have access to ESPN via your provider. The stream is from SNY and you see the game in its entirety. There is ,however, just game coverage so any pregame or post game stuff is not available. I happen to have Roku TV so the app for Watch ESPN( aka ESPN3) is enabled by confirming my Charter Spectrum account. Some games are carried on other networks such as CBS sports or SEC network so your individual access will depend on your provider. I understand that this arrangement will continue for this coming season. When they move to the Big east, this will probably change . Good luck and Go Huskies. BTW, I use this method because there is no SNY option where I live.

Reaction Score
Is there not a way to just pay $5/month to access SNY directly no matter where you are in the world?

Centerstream

Reaction Score

A:

The ESPN app is the difference this year, they are not streaming the SNY broadcasts, the NBCSports app is. Many BYers (myself included) have looked at the ESPN3 schedule for November 10 and the UConn/Cal game is not on the schedule.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
For the past several years I have watched UConn WBB on Watch ESPN. You must have access to ESPN via your provider. The stream is from SNY and you see the game in its entirety. There is ,however, just game coverage so any pregame or post game stuff is not available. I happen to have Roku TV so the app for Watch ESPN( aka ESPN3) is enabled by confirming my Charter Spectrum account. Some games are carried on other networks such as CBS sports or SEC network so your individual access will depend on your provider. I understand that this arrangement will continue for this coming season. When they move to the Big east, this will probably change . Good luck and Go Huskies. BTW, I use this method because there is no SNY option where I live.
According to SNY.TV, WatchESPN is not streaming the games this year, the NBCSports app is.

Reaction Score

This notification is just for SNY subscribers who need to stream a game because they’re traveling or something. You need to have an SNY subscription to do anything included in the article. Those outside the SNY area and not paying for SNY via DirecTV, YouTube TV, etc., can still stream on ESPN3.

Reaction Score
On ESPN3

Attachments

• F6E2E17A-01A8-413A-9268-F0B1CF5105FA.png
    F6E2E17A-01A8-413A-9268-F0B1CF5105FA.png
    330.2 KB · Views: 104

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
According to SNY.TV, WatchESPN is not streaming the games this year, the NBCSports app is.
Perhaps I am sadly mistaken. If so, I apologize for my ignorance.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
On ESPN3
Thank you for posting this.
As of last evening, the Cal/UConn game was not on the ESPN3 schedule and multiple people posted that in different threads. I was one of them and I did check the ESPN schedule last night. I then went to the SNY.TV site and found the info, which I felt was "new" info about the NBCSports app and then created a new thread. Oops.:oops:

#1florida

Midwest Husky
Reaction Score
The ESPN app is the difference this year, they are not streaming the SNY broadcasts, the NBCSports app is. Many BYers (myself included) have looked at the ESPN3 schedule for November 10 and the UConn/Cal game is not on the schedule.
It is now..... check it out.

Reaction Score
If you don't have a cable provider, like I don't, And I live out of area, I use Roku and pay for SlingTv Orange, that gives me ESPN, ESPN2 and ESPN3. You can then either watch the games on Sling Orange, or log into the ESPN app, and sign into espn3 as a sling user. Sometimes one feed is better than the other. Great for traveling, you can bring your roku with you and hook it up to a tv and log in, or if I remember right, watch everything using passwords on a laptop. You must have a high speed internet connection to do either method, home or away.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I live in MA and used to have SNY on my cable, but in SD not HD. I would watch on espn3 so I could have full screen action... SNY is gone from our cable now, but ESPN3 is now built into our box. We just say ESPN3 into our remote and it pops up. I cannot find the app when I manually search. We have Comcast as a provider. If you have comcast (or any other provider) talk into your remote and see if ESPN3 comes up. It must work in other states too

#1florida

Midwest Husky
Reaction Score
I live in MA and used to have SNY on my cable, but in SD not HD. I would watch on espn3 so I could have full screen action... SNY is gone from our cable now, but ESPN3 is now built into our box. We just say ESPN3 into our remote and it pops up. I cannot find the app when I manually search. We have Comcast as a provider. If you have comcast (or any other provider) talk into your remote and see if ESPN3 comes up. It must work in other states too
However, if you check the schedule, Uconn vs Cal has disappeared from ESPN3 and ESPN+

Reaction Score
However, if you check the schedule, Uconn vs Cal has disappeared from ESPN3 and ESPN+

Not a good sign, I would bet that the SNY games will NOT be available on ESPN3 this year.

Reaction Score
Not a good sign, I would bet that the SNY games will NOT be available on ESPN3 this year.
Why not? Aren't we still operating under the same contract as last season?

Reaction Score
Why not? Aren't we still operating under the same contract as last season?
I am not sure how the deal between SNY and ESPN works, but the game being removed from the schedule is not good.

Reaction Score
I am not sure how the deal between SNY and ESPN works, but the game being removed from the schedule is not good.
I think I've seen that before, and then it shows up again later before game time. The platform is weird, and one of the reasons I'm not into the whole streaming thing because of its unpredictability. If the game wasn't going to be carried then I would think it would never have shown up in the first place.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
I am gonna beat the proverbial dead horse.
As I posted in the original thread post, no where on the SNY.TV site did I see any reference to WatchESPN or ESPN3 for streaming the UConn games. They referenced two options: sny.tv and the NBCSports app. It is my understanding that you have to be in the SNY viewing area in order to stream the games.
Then after checking the ESPN3 schedule for November 10th, the UConn game did not appear, which appeared to support the SNY.TV site in that ESPN3 would not be streaming the Cal game. Then yesterday (Thursday), the game was on the ESPN3 schedule. But today, the game no longer is on the schedule.
At this point I have one more option that I am going to try and if it works, I keep the BYers posted.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
I think I've seen that before, and then it shows up again later before game time. The platform is weird, and one of the reasons I'm not into the whole streaming thing because of its unpredictability. If the game wasn't going to be carried then I would think it would never have shown up in the first place.
I sorta agree with your post but over the years when I was a software Tester, I found hundreds of examples where something was posted to a website before it had been tested or verified by quality assurance. This was usually noticed by a user when a new webpage is posted and then it was removed and "replaced" by the previous version of the webpage. This is commonly referred to as a rollback and that is what appears to have happened yesterday and today.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom