New highlights from Stephon Castle | The Boneyard

New highlights from Stephon Castle

Reaction Score
This kid is just on the next level. I don’t think we have ever got a player as polished and talented as he is. He is definitely one and done if he keeps tearing up like this. Criminally underrated 5 *
The tweet makes it seem like it's a new game, but it's the same game from when he scored 41 a month ago:

Reaction Score
We'd be really lucky to have him for 2 years. He will get plenty of minutes out of the gate. Definitely will be good for the program highlights and hopefully help recruit a successor to him. Agree that we don't really have a comp for him - he will be a Pro.

Reaction Score
He looks incredible. Honestly, I think if he had reclassed this year he'd be an upgrade to Newton from day 1. Should be exciting to watch next year...I think we'll have some frontcourt returnees but a lot of minutes available in the backcourt for the kids.

Reaction Score
He looks incredible. Honestly, I think if he had reclassed this year he'd be an upgrade to Newton from day 1. Should be exciting to watch next year...I think we'll have some frontcourt returnees but a lot of minutes available in the backcourt for the kids.
It's not fair to compare Newton to Castle. Castle can do things Newton can only dream of. That's not a slam on Newton who is a very good college player.

I don't even what to think about Castle. I can stat worrying about him when he starts playing in a Huskies uniform. Until then, he is a fantasy.

Reaction Score
Looking forward to watching him in person next month here in GA against Wheeler HS who has the #1 PG in the country who is going to USC.

Reaction Score
Is he going to play the 1 for us at that size? If so, that could be the 1-on-1 driving and finishing ability we're missing this year.

Having big guards who can stand somebody up on defense and switch 1-4 is a huge help as well. We are a long way from the Alterique Gilbert era.

Reaction Score
It's not fair to compare Newton to Castle. Castle can do things Newton can only dream of. That's not a slam on Newton who is a very good college player.

I don't even what to think about Castle. I can stat worrying about him when he starts playing in a Huskies uniform. Until then, he is a fantasy.
Agreed, but I compared them not just because I was thinking about next year's team vs. this year's team, but also because I think their styles are similar as well. Big PG's who aren't necessarily the best athletes but play at a controlled pace. BUT Castle just seems to do it much better and at 17/18 years old, that's pretty incredible.

Reaction Score
Is he going to play the 1 for us at that size?

I doubt it--for defensive reasons. His defense is terrible right now (like many high school recruits) and will probably take some time to adjust on that end. I expect he'll play the 2/3, but do a lot of initiating and 1v1 shot creation.

I do believe he will be the 1v1 driver that we don't have this year. He can finish with both hands and absolutely catch bodies at the rim when he wants to.

Reaction Score
Agreed, but I compared them not just because I was thinking about next year's team vs. this year's team, but also because I think their styles are similar as well. Big PG's who aren't necessarily the best athletes but play at a controlled pace. BUT Castle just seems to do it much better and at 17/18 years old, that's pretty incredible.
He’s not explosive athletic, more smooth athletic. But he’s definitely more athletic than Newton.

Reaction Score
Can we get superfan Momma Castle to move up to CT next season?

And Quannette Castle could be next in line for an important distinction, as well: the next great "UConn Mom."

"I'm taking over the reins?" she asked, with a smile, when that potential title was broached.

There is a long line of predecessors. Kemba's mom, Andrea, was famous for her animated support for the team, and she was joined a few years later by Carmen Velasquez, Napier's mom, who still goes to numerous UConn home games and is usually on her feet, cheering loudly. Tanesha Boatright soon joined the fray, forming a vocal trio even after Kemba had graduated.

Alternate free link:

Meet Quannette Castle, the next great UConn men's basketball mom: 'I'm excited about it'

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Don't say much about Stacey Castle, but he was a PG on the bench for Wake then moved on to UCF where he had a decent final year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom