New Haven D1 Move Update | The Boneyard

New Haven D1 Move Update

Reaction Score
Have always been a powerhouse In d2 baseball and football. Remember them coming up to storrs and beating uconn in football. Went to the national championship game in 1998 and made several appearances in the college World Series.

Reaction Score
Have always been a powerhouse In d2 baseball and football.
A few football Div 2 appearances for New Haven in relatively recent decades, but not so much for baseball the last 3 decades nor hoops with rare exceptions for a longer period. Porky Viera's not walking in the dugout soon, but someone or some people may have stepped in the donor batter's box. Maybe the school's athletic endeavors succeed, and they attract more general donations.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Have always been a powerhouse In d2 baseball and football. Remember them coming up to storrs and beating uconn in football. Went to the national championship game in 1998 and made several appearances in the college World Series.

As a kid, I used to love reading the articles in Sunday's NH Register talking about some 70-24 beatdown the UNH Chargers put on some schmoes from Pennsylvania.

Reaction Score
I hope the QC / New Haven basketball rivalry can be reignited
That was a great rivalry back in the day.
I once played in a pickup game with Porky Vieira as the other guard.
(He was a Bridgeport and Quinnipiac BB legend before he coached baseball.)
His instructions were ;
1. I will inbound the ball to you
2. You bring it over half court
3. You Pass the ball back to me
4. You Watch
My chances of getting a return pass were about the same as me winning Powerball

Reaction Score
Didn't New Haven drop football or drop to D3 for a bit years ago? I remember Springfield was a D2 powerhouse before dropping to D3.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom